Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    catts723 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Feb 19, 2011, 03:08 PM
    Recurring dream about life and death
    I have had a dream a couple times about the rebirth of my stepmom. In the dream, we were told she has passed, went through the entire funeral process including burial. Weeks or months later, she is alive and returns to the family. I was the person who signed off on her life support, but had wanted to wait a couple days. The family overruled me so I gave in.
    In this dream, I was talking to her youngest son. I asked how angry she was about the destruction of our home. I lived with her until the end and was left our home. Due to unfortunate events, I lost that home. He tells me she is very upset. I am crying when I tell him that I held it together until she passed. But sometime after her funeral everything just fell apart, that I had no idea she would be back.
    I don't actually see her this time. Last time I did. It was pretty much the same except that her and I were in our home talking.
    I really need to find some meaning for these dreams as they are extremely desturbing to me.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 19, 2011, 04:46 PM

I am totally confused about what is a dream and what is reality.

Is your stepmother alive or dead? Did you take her off life support? Did you lose the family home?

Feb 19, 2011, 08:56 PM
    My step mom is dead. Yes I took her off life support at the request of her son. Yes I lost the family home.
    I know I have a lot of unresolved feelings about her death and losing our home. I just really need to understand this dream,
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 19, 2011, 09:11 PM

Will you tell us a little more of how the home was lost? Had she owned it for a long time?

Feb 19, 2011, 10:12 PM
    It was a trailer that she purchased for us (her and I) when her husband passed in 2007. After her death, I lost my job and was unable to afford the bills. Since then, I have been staying with her family. If I try to explain more, I will only confuse you. The reality of our family dynamics is much more confusing than I can describe.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Feb 20, 2011, 08:27 AM

It's impossible to tell you what any of this means. It think you "diagnosed" yourself - there is some level of guilt, unresolved feelings, something else.

I realize you have lost your income but is it possible for you to speak to a professional or join a group or speak to someone in the same or similar situation?

I dream of my late husband all the time but I have never seen his face. His back is always to me or his face is sort of in a cloud.

I am intrigued that you can see your stepmother's face.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Recurring dream [ 1 Answers ]

I have dreams that are very detailed and recure more than five times in a month. Sometimes certain dreams come true, little non sense ones. Like walking down the street to see the same person wearing the same clothing. But I have two dreams that I would really apprciate if I could tell some one...

Recurring Dream [ 2 Answers ]

I have been having a recurring dream for about for years, and I don't know why. It is me digging my grave in my front yard, and my family is watching me, I'm am crying, they are just staring at me. Then all of the sudden I stop breathing and start to fall in, but before I hit the bottom of the...

Recurring dream [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I'm 34 now, but when I was a kid I always had the same dream for about 6 years,, I can't remember much but something was chasing me ,I would run all over the house throughing things behind me and holloring for help, my mother would grab me and get me back in bed,, then in the morning I never...

I need help with a recurring dream [ 4 Answers ]

I keep having reacurring dreams about this guy I went out with. He was a good guy and all, but things didn't work out, so I accepted it and moved on. But I keep dreaming about him. I want to know why?

Recurring dream [ 1 Answers ]

I have been having dreams about my first love since we broke up in High school. I haven't spoken to him in 6 years. I always wake up broken-hearted and really missing him. It's not every night but every couple of months. I always remember the dreams that I have about this guy. It's driving me...

View more questions Search