Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tammietoes Posts: 19, Reputation: 2

Feb 19, 2011, 05:48 AM
    Management Accounts Question: Variance Question?
    I was wondering if someone could help me with a problem I'm having. The Q is as follows;

McCauleys Ltd uses a standard costing system and has produced the following production information for the month of June 2010.
    Standard Actual
    Sales (units) 10,000 10,000
    Sales price per unit £30 £32
    Materials Used (kg) 5,000 5,250
    Materials Price (per kg) £7.50 £7.80
    Labour Hours 12,500 13,650
    Labour Rate (per hour) £10 £9.70
    Fixed Production overhead £66,000 £69,400

I need to prepare a statement showing the budgeted profit and the actual profit for the month of June

Also I need to calculate,
    * Sales Price margin
    * Materials Usage
    * Materials Price
    * Labour Efficiency
    * Labour rate
    * Fixed overhead production

Thanks for your help! Just can'r get my head around it at all & trying to piece together a business plan when I figure how to actually work it out!

Check out some similar questions!

Three year old won't answer a question, he only repeats the question... any thoughts? [ 7 Answers ]

I have three children who have never had any learning troubles however I babysit 2 kids each day that seem to be a little socially awkward. The oldest (age 5 1/2) won't look me in the eye and can't follow a multi-step instruction. The younger (age 3) has never been able to answer a question I ask...

Accounting Scenerio Question. Doubtful Accounts and Recievables. [ 1 Answers ]

I've been given an accounting scinerio that I'm not 100% sure on. If a company has an allowance account of $45,000 lower than the actual year end estimated doubtful accounts. The allowance again is $45,000 lower than the estimated amount of doubtful accounts. What is the best way to correct this...

Question #3 Credit Repair: Old, inactive accounts - should I delete? [ 5 Answers ]

I have two (a major department store and major banking institution) revolving accounts that have been open since 2000 and 1995 respectively, but have held a zero balance for the last several years. If I cannot re-establish usage of these accounts, will deleting them hurt my credit? -Ena

Question about finace management [ 1 Answers ]

Sir, Be please to share what is Profit Maximaization and Wealth Maximization and how they differ from each other. Thanking You

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.