Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MabelleFajardo Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2011, 09:35 PM
    Will my insurance go up if someone hits my car?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 18, 2011, 09:38 PM

Yes, no , maybe

Is it totally the other drivers fault. Did the other driver have insurance and will that insurance pay your claim completely ?

If you are not at fault and your company does not have to pay , no it should not go up.

If the other driver does not have insurance and your company pays for your damage, often yes it may

But it will depend on a company by company issue, some may, some will, and some won't for the first accident
    MarkPaulsort Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 17, 2011, 11:35 AM
    It can if the other driver doesn't have insurance and you have to file a claim. Some auto insurance companies will offer you a grace and not raise your rates after the first accident depending on your circumstances.
    http://www.smartautoinsurance.com/ has a lot of information on auto insurance. I reference them a lot especially for quotes. Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bcking in our driveway and a car pulls in and hits me. Who's fault is it [ 1 Answers ]

We have a circle driveway and I was backing through it and was past the center of the entrance of the driveway when a car pulled in and hit me at the entrance. Who's fault is it

What if driver with no license hits you and your insurance has lapsed [ 3 Answers ]

I was driving home and a car hit me.The driver had no license. I found out that my insurance had lapsed. The car the driver was driving was insured and the insured person was in the car that hit me

View more questions Search