Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    spadoption Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2011, 05:35 PM
    When parent fails to maintain contact and support to child. Step parent adoption
    My husband got sole custody of his son at 7 months because at 1 month old his biological mother spiral fractured his left femur and he 2 years old now. Im his step mother and his primary caregiver. I love him more than anything in the world like he was my own child and he calls me mom. I want to adopt him more than anything in the world, but his biological mother won't consent. She has gone 2 months without seeing him on 2 separate occasions. She didn't call on any of his birthdays first or second. She just went a month and a half without seeing him and just asked to see him tomorrow. She only sees him like 3 hours every time she does see him. He has absolutely no bond with her what so ever. Can I get her rights involuntarily revoked so I can adopt him?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Feb 18, 2011, 05:40 PM

It seems she is having some sort of visitation and nothing you have said are grounds for revoking rights at this time. Is she paying child support ?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 18, 2011, 05:43 PM

Highly unlikely. I just don't see enough to convince the courts to involuntarily terminate rights. Especially I it's a mother.

I would consult with a local Family Law attorney who can tell you more about the mood of the local courts and give a better idea of your chances. But I would suspect they are very slim.
    MDomec7310 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2011, 10:10 AM
    What state do you reside in?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Step parent must pay child support when biological parent is unable to provide [ 2 Answers ]

My ex-husband is claiming that he does not have to pay child support because he does not work and has not work since 1998. Our two daughters however, up until 2 years ago lived with him and his new wife who is the sole provider of that family. So my question is even though he cannot pay since he...

Step Parent Adoption/Possible with one absent parent Kansas [ 4 Answers ]

I live in Kansas and I am soon to be the mother of a baby girl, however my significant other is not the biological father of my child, I need to know what steps to take to make it possible for him to be her father. My situation is this: I got pregnant one night by a man that I knew little or...

Does a step parent have to pay support for a child that is not his? [ 20 Answers ]

Canada laws please... Ihave custody of my daughter and she has chosen to go live with her father.. she is 13... I have remarried 7 years ago.. I don't work and have two more children to my husband. My ex wants to go to court and get support payments from my husband.. can he do this? :mad: So I...

Absent parent contesting step-parent adoption [ 11 Answers ]

My husband is attempting to adopt my daughter (age 11), he has been her dad now for about 9 years. The biological father has not seen his child since she was 5 months old and never paid child support. I have a child support order and a permanent restraining order which was granted in Kansas, 1997....

Step parent child support? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I am married and live in Michigan with my wife and her 2 children from a prior marriage and 1 of our own. Her ex-husband refuses to pay her child support and as soon as the order went through for child support 9 years ago, quit his job and became "self-employed". He is currently going...

View more questions Search