Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Renas Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2007, 06:46 AM
    About the faith of www.freelotto.com
    I´m Renas the new user here I would like you my colleagues t answer me this question please tell me if the FreeLotto - Where you can win $10,000,000.00 FREE ! is it a scam or not I would like to know about it because ythey sent a message to me telling me that I may become a $1milion winner but till now I´m asking myself if can I or not give them my creditt card number cause times ago I was scammed and I do not want to be scammed anymore.

:confused: By Renas your friend
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 18, 2007, 06:49 AM
    SCAM SCAM SCAM!

Why would a FREE lottery need to know your credit card number?
    tracy107 Posts: 3, Reputation: 2

Jan 18, 2007, 06:50 AM
    I am not sure about this particular lotto but most of these things are scams. If you didn't enter a competition then you cannot win. Do not give them your credit card details.

It is very unlikely that you will win anything at all, more than likely they will debit thousands from your account.

Buy a lotto ticket from your local lottery. That way you are more likely to win something and won't get scammed.
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Jan 18, 2007, 07:14 AM
    THE FREE LOTTO COMPANY | SCAMDEX

Here is an entry in scamdex: and e-mail scam resource, that backs up the opinions expressed here.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 18, 2007, 07:28 AM
    Hello Renas:

I know that you suspected a scam, and that's why you asked us. Good for you. However, scams aren't very hard to detect. So that you can avoid them in the future, here is what a ALL scams promise - SOMETHING FOR NOTHING.

In the real world, NOBODY get's something for nothing. I know you've been sold a bill of good by the states who run lottery's. SHAME ON THEM. Yes, somebody wins - but millions and millions lose. If you think it's too good to be true, it is. Listen to yourself.

excon
    kasihsetia Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2007, 10:00 PM
    I have that kind of email too from freelotto and I am confused also. Do somebody had their company address and telephone number?
    Uber Member

Feb 1, 2007, 11:29 PM
    Why? It's a scam.

Feb 2, 2007, 06:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by kasihsetia
    I have that kind of email too from freelotto and i am confused also. Do somebody had their company address and telephone number?
    Didn't you read? What are you confused about? This is a scam, stay away from it.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 2, 2007, 09:08 AM
    Shucks, and I was going to use that money the people in Africa were going to send me to buy lotto tickets.

There are so many scams today, it is getting harder and harder to know what to trust. I know I get several scam emails a day, and normally several of the ones from banks or eBay or some place that is a fake email every week.

I actually got a real one last week that my credit card was over limit, and ignored it thinking it was fake, well not using that card this week.
    ampalsurvivor Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2007, 02:17 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Renas
    I´m Renas the new user here i would like you my collegues t answer me this question please tell me if the the FreeLotto - Where you can win $10,000,000.00 FREE ! is it a scam or not i would like to know about it because ythey sent a message to me telling me that I may become a $1milion winner but till now i´m asking myself if can I or not give them my creditt card number cause times ago i was scammed and i do not want to be scammed anymore.

Hi helo there, my name is abu bakar from malaysia,I've also won a prize check from freelotto.com but the problem is the check is pending ,its been 2 months now and there is still an email saying that I won 76 million dollars! Wow is this 4 real? Please help me also..
    Uber Member

Apr 4, 2007, 02:36 AM
    Maybe you should read the rest of the thread? It's a scammm...

Apr 4, 2007, 05:29 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by ampalsurvivor
    hi helo there, my name is abu bakar from malaysia,i've also won a prize check from freelotto.com but the problem is the check is pending ,its been 2 months now and there is still an email saying that i won 76 million dollars!? wow is this 4 real? please help me also..
    All the help you need is in the previous notes in this thread. Please read them.
    marlene_nacalaban2007 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2007, 07:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Renas
    I´m Renas the new user here i would like you my collegues t answer me this question please tell me if the the FreeLotto - Where you can win $10,000,000.00 FREE ! is it a scam or not i would like to know about it because ythey sent a message to me telling me that I may become a $1milion winner but till now i´m asking myself if can I or not give them my creditt card number cause times ago i was scammed and i do not want to be scammed anymore.

** personal info edited out****the free lotto.com declared a winnier of 1 million dollars and I process the said winning price and I am waiting the check no M98211 with prize claim center P.O Box 4561 New York,NY 10163 head office tell if its true thank very much hoping for your reply.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 9, 2007, 07:16 AM
    Hello marlene:

I don't know. I don't work there. I don't think you'll get anything. You'll know for sure, though, when you get the check.

DON'T send them any money up front for a processing fee or anything!!

excon

PS> I also wouldn't be posting my phone number on the internet...

Aug 9, 2007, 07:58 AM
    Marlene
    Did you read the other responses in this thread that say SCAM, SCAM, SCAM?

And its not a good idea to put your phone numer and e-mail address in a public post, That's how you get this type of spam.
    jrb252000 Posts: 410, Reputation: 28
    -

Aug 10, 2007, 01:31 PM
    If it sounds to good to be true... anyone asking for money to send you money is a scam.
    nicespringgirl Posts: 1,237, Reputation: 187
    Ultra Member

Aug 23, 2007, 12:58 PM
    TANSTAAFL!

(Economics Term)
    Uber Member

Aug 23, 2007, 01:15 PM
    Thrifty ants never say "Thanks Anty Automated Free Lotto"!

?
    nicespringgirl Posts: 1,237, Reputation: 187
    Ultra Member

Aug 23, 2007, 01:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Capuchin
    Thrifty ants never say "Thanks Anty Automated Free Lotto"!

?
    U little monkey, never showd up at the airport of London... I hate you!:mad:
    Uber Member

Aug 23, 2007, 01:33 PM
    Great..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Www.w3.com? [ 2 Answers ]

On a friend's computer, on start up, a box pops up and says that www.w3.com wants some infomation; click here to connect to the internet (he is still on dial up). Has anyone seen this? How do we get rid of it? Thanks much

About the www.freelotto.com in New York. [ 5 Answers ]

Sir Is the free.lotto on the internet are true and existing??

Faith [ 7 Answers ]

Does anyone have any advice on having faith? Faith to make it through a rough time? Faith that all will be well in the end? A scripture? Kind words? Anything? How do you cope? Please.

WWW::Mechanize and Javascript [ 1 Answers ]

Hi all, I am using Mechanize module of perl to do some web based testing.The client side validation which is written in javascript cannot be invoked from mechanize . I searched for it... The result is No.. No.. No.. Theortically Impossible. Javascript cannot be called from Mechanize. But...

WWW Naming [ 2 Answers ]

Ok in WWW naming why is the Top Level Domain for England .co.uk and the TLD for say Germany just .de?? Surely it should be .co.de for country germany?? Any ideas people

View more questions Search