Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Feb 23, 2011, 08:01 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by sucosam View Post
    Thx for the tips guys. Cajalat, I will go through your suggestions and I agree with you and smoothy that I'm not really comfortable baking anything in the oven that I can't put into my mouth afterwards :) I also found that in the USA (I'm in Canada) there was a class action lawsuit over this issue, and it seems that my particular laptop is in fact in the long list of HP units affected by or are part of this lawsuit. Unfortunately, I don't qualify as I'm not a US citizen, but additionally the deadline has passed. I wonder if I were to reinstall Vista if the problem would still exist. I'm guessing it would, but only one way to find out.

Thanks for the time you all have spent trying to assist me with this. I recommend askmehelpdesk.com to a lot of people because of people like you folks. Thanks so much once again.
    As was suggested... pick up a wireless adapter for your USB port... its cheap, its easy. Just know the differences between wireless G and wireless N... know what your Xbox supports and purchace accordingly.

As was mentioned you can get wireless N usb adapters for as low as $10, and Wireless G for less than that. Cheap fix for for the problem you have. And I assume the Laptop works well otherwise. No need for a new laptop unless you really want one.
    cajalat Posts: 469, Reputation: 66

Feb 23, 2011, 03:51 PM
    You're welcome. Good luck and let us know what the results are (for the next person to run into this).

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Network adapter [ 3 Answers ]

I am back again.. by the way I never resolved the other issue but was wondering if I could trouble you again. I am trying to install Comcast onto my laptop but it says I do not have a network adapter. Now the question is this. . talked to comcast no help talked to some other people no help. What I...

Network adapter [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. I have windows XP. Have problem with my network adapter drivers. I use a broadcom netlink network card. I have a yellow exclamation mark next to the driver in device manager. It shows an error code 31. I try to uninstall it but it doesn't let me.. says failed to uninstall because it may be...

Driver for internal Network Adapter/Card? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, After installing windows XP I found that the driver for the internal Network Adapter/card was not installed. We tried to install it manually without success. With the "old" External Network Interface Card, the brand name and other details were easily obtainable and armed with this...

IEEE 1394 FireWire CardBus adapter [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I recently purchased an IEEE 1394 3-port CardBus Host Adapter for my laptop so I could edit video on my DV camcorder using the FireWire port. I inserted the card, the "Found New Hardware" message popped up, then "Hardware Sucessfully Installed" shortly there after. However when I...

FireWire IEEE 1394 Adapter install [ 1 Answers ]

I purchased a firewire IEEE 1394 Adapter (3 port) and a firewire cable. (1)I installed the adapter per instructions; (2) reconnected all the wires, turned on computer, desktop came up, popup in lower right corner stated "Found new hardware OHCI compliant IEEE 1394 Host Controller". (3)I went to...

View more questions Search