Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wellandwater Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 18, 2011, 06:45 AM
    Well recovery rate low
    We had a well inspected and the recovery rate did not meet the state standards. We were told that if an reserve reservoir tank was installed this would help the situation of not running out of water. Does this sound correct?
    Thank you
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Feb 18, 2011, 07:19 AM

Makes sense to me having a reservoir tank. While the well water is accumulating and being used in the reservoir tank, then your well has time to recover and keep filling the tank.

Tick
    jlisenbe Posts: 5,019, Reputation: 157
    Uber Member

Feb 18, 2011, 10:08 AM

The idea is that the well can deliver a modest amount of water, but potentially do so 24/7. 10 gallons of water an hour every hour amounts to 240 gallons a day. The only stickler is this: Your reserve tank needs to be fairly large, a couple of hundred gallons perhaps. The reserve tank will not be pressurized, so you will need a second pump to pump from the reserve tank to a pressure tank.

You might also want to put the pump on some sort of timer so that it would pump for only a few minutes every hour or so.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

7 weeks, low heart rate [ 2 Answers ]

I am 7 weeks and I have a doppler at home. I have not been to see my doctor yet as I am waiting for my referral. The babies heart beat is uasually around 80 bpm and I understand that is considered low. Everything I have been reading basically say the same thing, the pregnancy may not be viable. ...

Grandmas heart rate and bp low [ 2 Answers ]

My grnadma is 63 and she went and took her blood pressure and it was 85 over 51 and her heart rate was only 59 is this normal? Or is it low and if it is was can cause it to be so low

DL transfer rate too low [ 12 Answers ]

My internet for downloading the transfer rate when from some hight number (forget what that was lol) but now, when I download something the net the transfer rate is like 6-9kb whch really sux the big one because DL's take for ever. What can I do to get the transfer rate up, I am on adsl. Don't...

View more questions Search