Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wendy_125 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2011, 07:46 PM
    Can adult child collect back support if emancipated or married at 16?
    Can an adult child collect back child support if they were emancipated at the age of 16? What about if they got married at 16?
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Feb 17, 2011, 07:52 PM

no. Child support goes to the custodial parent. Its not the child's to collect. Emancipation ends it.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 17, 2011, 07:53 PM

No, chiild support is not owed ever to the "child" it is owed to the guardian or parent of that child for the expense of raising them.

At they point they are emancipated, normally it ends all current support. The back support is still owed to the parent who it is owed to

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I collect on back child support arrears? [ 2 Answers ]

This is a child surpport order that was never paid, but now the father of my children was killed back in 2006 left oweing a lot of back child support

Can I collect back child support if my exhusband did well and our son is now 26? [ 2 Answers ]

Can I collect back child support if my ex-husband did well and had restricted visiting rights, now that our son is 26 years old?

Can I collect back child support? [ 3 Answers ]

My 19 year old sons father has been incarcerated in another state since before he was born. At the time of our divorce, the court ordered him to pay child support. I called the child support office and they said my ex does have an arrears of several thousand dollars. Can I still collect...

Back support for adult child [ 11 Answers ]

If I have not pursued child support when the child was a minor, can I now file for back support if the child is of legal age? If so, with which state should I file? I live in Missouri and the father lives in Montana. The child also lives in Missouri. I have fully raised this child with no support...

View more questions Search