Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bsk1992 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 17, 2011, 01:40 PM
    Dying brown hair to a light ash brown/caramel blonde
    Basically. I have naturally dark auburn hair which is just really ginger/red/brown hair and I hate having any red/ginger in my hair, so I have dyed it dark dark brown/almost black for about 2 years now because that seems to be the only way to get the red out of my hair.
    I would like to go to a light ash brown/honey/caramel blonde colour http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgur...&tx=141&ty=105 but I don't know how to do it?

I have prelightened my hair before to orange, prelightened it again so that it was yellow, and then bleached over it with 30vol peroxide to make it blonde.. I could have left it on longer but it would have made me platinum blonde, so I washed it out early and I had strawberry blonde hair which I didn't like.. so I dyed over it and went back to brown..
    I want to go ash brown.. so I was wondering do I prelighten it like I did before.. and then dye it ash brown (because Ive read that I need orange in my hair to achieve an ash colour) or do I prelighten it twice, bleach it and then dye it the colour I want?
    If I bleach it and I go platinum blonde.. wouldn't it go pretty much any shade of darker blonde that I choose ?

Thanks, sorry its long!
    adviceishere Posts: 1,027, Reputation: 492
    Ultra Member

Feb 19, 2011, 08:50 AM
    http://www.scottcornwall.com/ check this out

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I dye dark brown hair to light ash brown [ 3 Answers ]

Can I dye dark brown hair to light ash brown color

Dying dark brown hair light brown [ 2 Answers ]

I have dark redish/brown hair right now. I really hate the color and want to dye it light brown. If I go get a box of dye from the store and do it myself, will it turn out an orangey color or will I be fine? My hair is about medium length and healthy. What type of dye should I buy if this...

How to get hair from medium brown with auburn to light brown or dark blonde [ 0 Answers ]

My natural hair color is dirty blonde so to speak , so like a light brown color . When I tried to die my hair blonder , it turned a strawberry weird blonde color , so to cover it up I colored it dark brown/black . Yes , I know its so hard to get black out of your hair , but somehow I got it out. I...

Ash blonde hair to chocolate brown. [ 0 Answers ]

I'm currently dye my hair ash blonde but I do have a yellow blonde. I love the colour but blonde is ruining my hair so I would like to go chocolate brown. I'm naturally brown and would like to stay brown but my question is if I can dye my hair myself or shall I recommend going to the hair...

Coloring ash brown hair to blonde [ 2 Answers ]

Have been highlighting my ash brown hair at salon and can't afford any more. What color can I use for an all over beige/blonde shade?

View more questions Search