Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Laurieucr Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2007, 09:47 PM
    80s cartoon movie, anime style help!
    OK. I barely remember this movie, but I know I saw it a million times. Which makes it all the more aggravating that I can't remember the darn thing.

I saw it in the early to mid 80s, but it was probably done in the late 70s. Very similar to the hans christian anderson's the little mermaid japanese animation.

Basically there are two girls (possibly sisters) who are sent on a "quest". One's blonde, one's brunette. Of course the blonde one is sweet and wonderful (I think her name was maria or something like that) and the brunette is vile.

The one scene I remember is they are supposed to take care of these kids at this cottage. There are like 30 of them. The blonde one is nice to them, so they help her. The brunette is mean, so they don't help her.

I can't remember what the point of the movie was, and this is the only scene I can remember.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Purukivel Posts: 1,177, Reputation: 242
    Ultra Member

Jul 12, 2007, 11:41 AM
    I believe you are thinking of the 1976 German animated film Once Upon A Time. Here's what one imdb.com reviewer remembers of it: "...the evil stepsister Mary Lou demanding the garnet stone from Maria by clapping her hands twice and holding out an outstretched hand, the totally surreal scene with all the babies being fed by Maria and Mary Lou, when they break out into song in praise of Maria (something like, "MARIA, MARIA, YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH!! " It also features a prince and a magical well, which is how they enter a magical land where they are put to a series of tests to determine who the true owner of the neckace is. The good sister, of course, passes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

80s cartoon movie [ 2 Answers ]

This has been bothering me for months, and I cannot think of the title of this movie I watched as a kid. I remember very few details. First, it came in a teal box. I think the characters have leaves on their heads. The only scene I remember is of the characters running across a rope to cross a...

Random 80s cartoon movie - what is it? [ 6 Answers ]

Okay, this sounds ridiculous, but I remember this movie from when I was a kid. It involved some human kids going into the forest at night and meeting up with these weird creatures - purple things with antlers and long noses, like anteaters standing on their hind legs. One of them was this really...

80s hbo pirate cartoon? [ 3 Answers ]

I don't know much but slight details my older brother reminded me about a sci fi cartoon with piratelike characters and the captain pirate had somekind of eypiece and some other guy had one eye(huge eye) and you that's all I remember its not stargazer. Thanks please help Ive searched all of Google.

Scfi cartoon movie from late 80s maybe 90s [ 5 Answers ]

This ones been boiling my brain for some time now and I can only remember small bits so I'll apologise now. It was a scifi animated film a bit of a star wars rip off where a young man blonde I think, has to save (I think) his siter, it starts in and underground mine/volcano where the young man is...

Need help with 80s cartoon title... [ 8 Answers ]

:confused: I remember watching this cartoon when I was little (80s) about a group of animals in a forest. They all talked (of course). I remember one of the animals was blue (possibly a squirrel) and one of the other animals (possibly a squirrel, too) was madly in love with him. He was trying to...

View more questions Search