Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bruno_GG Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2011, 06:59 PM
    99accord i can not find reverse light switch and car randomly dies while i am driving
    just bought a 1999 honda accord and I cannot find the reverse light switch as my reverse light's don't work I changed fuse and bulbs still nothing, as well my car just randomly shuts down while I am driving and almost struggles to start back up after because the ignition will catch then will just die unless I keep it gased for a couple of seconds, and I called honda and they said there is no recall on my vehicle. Any suggestions?
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Feb 16, 2011, 07:05 PM

Replace the Ignition Control Module (ICM) and coil:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post265896
    bruno_GG Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 16, 2011, 07:21 PM
    I was told by many people it could be the ignition switch or the main relay and I don't want to have to purchase parts the won't help as I'm low on funds, I just want to be sure because nobody is actually sure.
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Feb 16, 2011, 08:08 PM

Nobody does. Check the ignition switch for wear or pitting:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post224652

Then, decide the direction you want to go, if the problem persists.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Car dies while driving [ 20 Answers ]

I have no clue what is wrong with my car. I will be driving and it will just shut off. Everything except the radio and lights will stay on. I can restart the car. Yesterday I had to get a new battery because it would not start at all so I thought that might have been the problem, but last...

Car is randomly dying while driving [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 2003 Ford Focus ZX3 and it will sometimes start to lose rpms like a seesaw and if not given more throttle will die completely. The Engine just shuts off, it does it completely at random one day it will work fine the other day. Sometimes it will work early day and die/shutoff later. The car...

Bravada dies at light, sometimes while driving under 40mph [ 3 Answers ]

My 97 bravada sometimes dies while at a light also has died while driving usually under 40mph. Both times it tried to start again... sputtered and went out again. Always restarts though. Just had a trany service done(the valves). What is it?

Car dies when driving [ 6 Answers ]

I have a 1990 mitsubishi galant and it dies all the time... I have tested the battry and the alternator and they both test good... also I did replace the computer when I first bought the car... any one have any in sight on what the problem could be

Car dies while driving. [ 1 Answers ]

My car is a 1994 Camaro Z28 it has 79,643 miles on it. Bought it yesterday, was driving it, put about 3 and a half miles and while rolling (about 45-50 mph) the engine shut off the lights, radio were still on. I tried starting it back up and it wouldn't even turn over. Tried jumping it and it held...

View more questions Search