Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dac122 Posts: 463, Reputation: 17

Feb 16, 2011, 06:34 AM
    Smallest 3 ton A/C coil size
    I am having to consider replacement of my 2 ton aging heat pump. Load calc and usage tells me it is undersized since an addition was put on by the previous owner. Load calc tells me I need between a 2.5 to 3 ton system, so a 3 ton is probably my best money spent.

My inside coil case is in a tight spot and it would be costly to rearrange the furnace, gas lines, power, coil case, duct work, etc. Ideally I need to find a 3 ton uncased coil that fits inside the existing coil case, but the largest coil I can find that fits is 2.5 tons.

The coil case is 16 1/4"W x 21 7/8"D x 22 3/4"H.

Anyone know of 3 ton uncased coil that will fit?

Check out some similar questions!

Does a 3 ton coil match up with a 2 ton condenser unit [ 19 Answers ]

I have a new Payne brand 2 ton central air unit that was installed by my home warranty company, and after two months and after they sent out three different companies to try and fix my cooling problem, the last company decided that the original Carrier brand system that has been in my home for 26...

Can you put 3.5 ton ac condenser with 3 ton a coil [ 1 Answers ]

Can I replace 10 seer 3 ton condenser with 3.5 ton 14 seer condenser and not change inside unit or acoil

Does a 2 ton coil match up with a 3 ton condenser unit ? [ 1 Answers ]

Does a 2ton coil match up with a 3 ton condenser unit?

Replacing a 4 ton A-coil to a equivalent coil? [ 12 Answers ]

I have a TRANE 4 TON unit heat pump system model #TWE048c140B3 and my A coil went out and is pretty rusted. I am looking to replace the A-coil with an equivalent A-coil to get me going again until I can change out the entire unit. I know that I don't have to go back with a TRANE A-COIL and that I...

Does a 4 ton evaporator coil match up with a 3 ton condenser? [ 1 Answers ]

We just moved into an 11 year old house last month. The AC has not worked properly since we moved in. The first AC guy the Homeowners Warranty company sent cleaned the unit and added freon. A month later, it was 83 degrees downstairs today. Last week they sent another guy and he found what he...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.