Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    4answers Posts: 200, Reputation: 35

Feb 15, 2011, 01:11 PM
    Looks & Personality vs. Status & Personality
    Men are attracted to their perception of physical beauty, mirrored somewhat by advertising. (Same for women).

So if the nature of attraction is based on the positive emotional interest in another, due to (Initial / On-going) positive physical attraction value (perceived by the person or aided by the perceived perception of others). Followed by positive time together and positive rewarding experiences, based on a positive perceived attractive personality, which when combined = A strong emotional attraction = love interest. And then if followed by continued positive emotional interest, positive time together and positive rewarding experiences, due to positive perceived personality traits = Closeness and an emotional connection = Relationship / marriage and kids.

Is trading positive emotional connection interest to physical attraction for positive social and wealth status an option women take? {Trading looks for Status}

If so a man has to either be good looking or socially successful / wealthy to get a stunning women interested in him.

If this is not the case, then if a man is not good looking or wealthy he won’t get the stunner. Or if status is not a trade able option, then if not good looking he will not get the stunner. He will be relegated to the friend’s zone due to only a nice personality……

Question for women, is this by and large an accurate assessment or is there more to it than that?
    (An honest not emotional judgement is preferred.)
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Feb 15, 2011, 01:44 PM

If you're dealing with a computer, I'm sure this might be accurate.
    When you are dealing with humans of various ages, backgrounds, principles and desires in life, there are just too many variables.
    What one man may call a stunner, she may not be to another. Where one woman may look only at appearance and status, another woman's criteria may be different.
    liongal Posts: 82, Reputation: 58

Feb 15, 2011, 02:41 PM
    Is your post a q's for your social psychology class or a genuine query based upon your experience with a stunner? Is so please state the query and how one can assist :o/

If not there is a section for homework help... :o)
    Enigma1999 Posts: 2,223, Reputation: 1077
    Welbeing Expert

Feb 15, 2011, 02:55 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by 4answers View Post
    If so a man has to either be good looking or socially successful / wealthy to get a stunning women interested in him.
    Not necessarily true.

Although looks plays an important role, there are times when personality wins over looks.

Take my ex for example. When I first met him, I wasn't really attracted to him. It was his charming, funny, and witty personality that won me over. It wasn't his career nor his looks.

What one person may find as beautiful, another may not.

What is stunning to YOU?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 15, 2011, 04:56 PM

Looks and even status has little to do with most real life people, it is often a spark, or just getting to know someone.

To others it is merely a large amount of dating and choosing the best of the pick, ( settling)

All of these people have a mate and someone they love and that love them, status and looks have nothing to do with it
    Funny Pictures at WalMart
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 21, 2011, 10:28 PM

Status and looks are great to have, but after all that wears off after a few months, you better be able to connect on a higher level if you expect to be happy with who you choose.

Ever notice that beautiful rich people get as many divorces as any one else? Looks, and status may get you noticed, but mind, and soul, keep you connected and happy.
    roxypox Posts: 1,028, Reputation: 328
    Ultra Member

Feb 25, 2011, 03:31 PM

I had to reread your post a couple of times. Read like math to me. Like home girl said:If you're dealing with a computer then an approach like this might work just fine, but people are harder to understand and to work out

If this is for a pshyc class than this might be good to keep in mind as well...

For me personally looks does in most instances matter, but not in the way ou might think. A guy doesn't need to be model pretty, model cute or model-hansome. But he does have to be attractive into me.

Now what's attractive to me?

Well, personality plays a large role. Charm, a sense of humor... but also what the person is like around friends, strangers, me. Is he comfortable with himself?

I'm usually attracted to people who strong personalities, strong opinions, guys that are outgoing...

Why that is can of course be debated.I think its because I have a strong personality myself and I know from experience that I can not be with someone who is a push over or who lets me stear every conversation.

As for social status and wealth... I don't care that much about either. Sure,I often choose the alpha male, but as for wealth and work all I require is that he can take care of himself and likes what he does.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Can a 150 amp meter panal handel a 100 amp, 40 amp, 30 amp and 30 amp brakers. [ 2 Answers ]

My meter panal is a 150amp panal. I have a 60 amp sub panal coming off it a 30amp to my stove a 30 to dryer and a 40 to the a/c. i want to upgrade the 60 amp sub panal to a 100 amp panal. Will the 150 amp meter panal handel it or do i need to have a 200 amp meter panal installed

What does this personality disorder indicate? [ 5 Answers ]

I have just started dating a 68 year old man. I visited his apartment. He has lived there for 4 years, and cannot decide whether to buy a home or condo, or what to do. The house is a disaster! Bed never made, toilette bowl not flushed, boxes and stuff stacked up everywhere. Also, he does not...

Multiple personality? [ 3 Answers ]

Please help me, I am 21 years old and pregnant with my first child. I am still with the father who I have been with for 5 years. Initially I was very excited about having this baby, I'm already in love with it now, and would die for it. However I am very frightened now because I think I am going...

View more questions Search