Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lease143 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2007, 05:30 PM
    Infection
    If your Tongue ring gets infected, Can you die from it? OMG please tell me NO lol...
    I still want a tongue ring and I don't know how to tell my mom why i want one! i mean hello it is HOT hehe! help me out thanks!:p
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Jan 17, 2007, 05:44 PM
    If the infection goes untreated it can turn gangrenous, which would require surgery.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 17, 2007, 08:29 PM
    Yes, it is possible that you get Hepatitis C and it goes undiagnosed and you can get terminally ill. You could get MRSA (Methacillin Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus) which means that the infection is resistant to many antibiotics.

So the answer is emphatically

YES it is possible.

Rare, but possible

Why do you want one? No, it really is not HOT once you are an adult and looking for a professional career. For instance, my nursing school will not accept anyone who has any visible, including tongue (except for ear), piercings. That is only one profession and one school. But you get my drift.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jan 18, 2007, 05:41 AM
    Yes, it is possible you can die from it.

Yes, you can get an infection that will eventually make you so sick you could die.

There are many many jobs that refuse people right on the spot if they have anything on their body or in their mouth, that is a fact.

Good luck finding a job in the future.

Joe

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Penis infection? [ 6 Answers ]

Hi. I got a problem, help me out. My penis has started to develop a white coating, don't know what? Its kind of a bit flaky. And it pains on the rim of the head, where it has developed more. I normally had a good hygiene and no problem. Please help me out. Can't have sex also, since its painful....

Infection? [ 3 Answers ]

SEX I started seeing someone that I really like! We've moved into a sexual relationship! This is my FIRST real sexual relationship, but not his. It's been about three weeks and we've had sex at several times a week! Now I'm itching like crazy! It's not the whole area just the area around the...

Bacterial infection [ 3 Answers ]

I had a bacterial vaginal infection diagnosed 2 weeks ago. Saw the dr. got medicine. It cleare d up, now it's back. I have another appt. next week, but why does this keep happening. I wash everyday, keep myself clean etc. :confused: :confused:

Stopped the infection but... [ 3 Answers ]

Ok, hope you guys can help. First.. running xp with sp2, norton systemworks premier 2006, licensed version of ad-aware by lavasoft, microsofts defender. One of them caught a malware trying to install and I had the program stop and remove. Now, whenever I start up, I get a 'winlogon.exe has failed...

Penis Infection [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, Please help me as I don't no as wots wrong with my penis, it started feeling itch and I itched it and then the next day the forsking tip got very dry and had some white stuff on it and when I tried pulling the forskin it got very painful and I got small cuts which wer burning and under the...

View more questions Search