Ask
    paul morgan Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2007, 05:24 PM
    Agenda
    How do I write an agenda
    shygrneyzs Posts: 5,017, Reputation: 936
    Uber Member

Jan 17, 2007, 05:39 PM
    An agenda sets what will be discussed in the meeting/seminar/presentation. To prepare an agenda, make a preliminary list of the topics to be presented and decide how much time will be devoted to each topic, usually based on the total time of the whole meeting. For example, to list "Introductions" Time allotment no more than 10 minutes. Come up with a name for the meeting/seminar/presentation. Often you need to check with various presenters
    (if needed) to determine how much time they need. The format can vary, of course. Here's a general one. The title, date and place should be centered on the page, and the time entries left-justified.

Be mindful of the time. So many unfinished meetings are due to someone running over time and never getting to the end of the agenda. So then another meeting is scheduled and so on ad nauseam. A good meeting has succint points, focused discussions, and a moderator to keep people on track. Don't ever let a meeting go to places you never thought possible. It is nigh to impossible to corral people back into the main focus.

For some writing tips see:

Notice of Meetings & Agendas

Have fun. Thank heavens I do not have to write them anymore.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Writing an Agenda [ 4 Answers ]

Hi I would like to write an agenda for the following subject: I am a project engineer for a company and I have a lot of projects to be done for my company. I am going to have a meeting with the managers and I would like to have an agenda for what I am planning to present or suggest in the...

Agenda [ 1 Answers ]

How to write an agenda for a presentation for ethics class

Agenda [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I need to write an Agenda about our meeting which is one group work about designing and 6 load devise for prothtetic limb, but honestly I don't know how should I write an agenda for this meeting and unfortunately I'm a chairman on next week Tuesday... Is there any body can help me?:(

Agenda for a meeting [ 3 Answers ]

Hello this is ajay I wanted to ask about agendas of meetings If any body knows plzzzzzz mail me Thank u

View more questions Search