Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dreamingangei38 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2007, 04:28 PM
    Judgement HELP
    I have a judgement on me from a credit card company for the a mount of $1400.00 I'm down to $800.00 now done paid $500.00, I am be hind by $150.00 and it's a 100.00 a month payment plan, I got a letter saying if I don't get cought up with the $150.00 that I could be faceing more legal fees and that they could come to my home and take my TV and stuff and sell it, will I'm a disable single mom and I have only 1 car and its old like a 1989, And 3 TV and 2 computers what can they do? I mean what and how does this thing work if I don't have enough for the to sell to satisfied my judgement, I don't own hardly any thing kind of poor? Help need advice. I don't work and live of my disabilty and child support,
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Jan 17, 2007, 05:05 PM
    Sounds like scare tactics.
    1. they will likely not incur legal expenses for this debt, so they cannot pass legal fees on to you.
    2. unless they have a lien on the TV, etc. they cannot take them.

I strongly suggest you call them and try to work out something on the remaining balance that fits your budget.

RECORD THE CALL.

Familiarize yourself with the FDCPA, and if they break the law then call your state attorney general and file a complaint.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Judgement [ 4 Answers ]

My boyfreind and I have a joint checking & savings account together. I have a "renewed" judgement from my previous marriage of 15 years ago. Can this bank who has renewed this judgment attach or freeze my boyfriend's and my account? Also can they garnish my wages at work? I currently make...

Judgement [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 6000 judgement on my credit report. I want to pay it off but how do I get the money to pay for it? No one will loan me money with this judgement. Can anyone tell me what to do? Tell me how to approach this what do I do first? I've paid 2500 on the debt but they didn't take it off. That was...

Judgement [ 2 Answers ]

Is there any alternative to a judgement? Once a creditor gets a judegment are they entitled to take income tax returns, sales from your home prior to the mortgagee and realtor being paid, garnish wages? How do you have a judgement removed and stop the creditor from renewing every so often?

Judgement Against Me [ 3 Answers ]

Will A Judgement Against Me Cause Problems With My Husband Getting A Refinance On Our House?

View more questions Search