Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ineedachange Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 14, 2011, 03:23 AM
    I want to leave my boyfriend but don't know how- PLEASE HELP
    I have been dating a guy for almost 3 years. We were once great friends before the relationship started. I feel like I'm backed into a hole. He is a graphic designer and I am a marketing manager. We came up with a new idea and it could be very successful but we are now beyond that point, well at least I am anyway. He wants to keep going because he is building the website and has worked day and night for 6 months, as have I. We have not had an income for 6 months and its getting to the point where he really needs to start delivering, not over promising. Im scared because I have a great relationship with my past clients and he is ruining them by over promising and under delivering. He is turning 39 and I am turning 28- age has never been an isssue but I am starting to get a little frustrated. I guess my point is I am considering leaving but everything is in my name- rent, bills, furniture and I am still paying them off- how do I leave without ruining my credit rating and oosing face with my clients?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 14, 2011, 04:44 AM
    How does leaving him ruin your credit rating? Isn't it going to be ruined by staying? Or are you wanting to believe that success is right around the corner...

Just tell him what you said here, and don't listen to how it's almost complete. Some people are never done with their ideas and projects. And the fact that he let you (and you did) put everything in your name, presumably with debt attached, does not speak well for his integrity (and why did you do it)?

Putting aside the personal relationship for a moment, why not issue an ultimatum about the business. 15 days or something, with exact consequences, written down. Something that will knock some sense in to him and get him out of Perpetual Project Mode.
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Feb 14, 2011, 06:33 AM

Sounds like joypulv is right - why worry about your credit rating if he is ruining your reputation? It's much easier to rebuild your credit that get back your reputation.

Sounds to me like he's just a man with a dream that's never going anywhere.

You just need to stand up to him and tell him the truth. You obviously have figured it out that you are not happy and things just aren't progressing, so just tell him that it's over and move on... start completely over if you have to.
    zalmae Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2011, 01:17 PM
    Instead of leaving him. Just try to love him more and trust him and tell him that you trust him a lot that he's going to make it. You are trying to ignore the reality that some where in your mind you were not confident enough when you both decided to work together on that project that its going to be huge success. Remember one thing rome was not built in a day it took courage, sacrifice and lot deal of time to achieve the same. What if on other side the other person you are trying to leave think the same as you are. It will be easy for him as everything is on your name, but he is there for u. u just need to trust him...

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do you get an ex-boyfriend to leave you alone? [ 14 Answers ]

I use to date this guy and I dated him for 5 1/2 years and he broke up with me to "play the field" well while we were broken up I found someone else and decided that if he wanted me back he was going to have to change his ways and attitude. When I dated him I wasen't allowed to have a job or a...

Boyfriend wants to leave me [ 8 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I dated for 5 months and then went on a break for 2 weeks then finally broke up. We were broken up for a year. And we have been back together for 7 months. Night before last he told me he cheated on me during our "break" before we broke up the first time. Then he said he doesn't...

I can't leave my boyfriend [ 9 Answers ]

Okay so... My boyfriend and I have been together for almost three years but for almost two years, I have been cheating on him with the same guy. The guy who I have been cheating on him with I have liked even before I met my boyfriend. Honestly, I don't know why I do this. I never thought in a...

Boyfriend won't leave [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend and I have been living together for 1 year. His name is not on the lease and he is refusing to leave. We leave in Va. Is there anything that I can do?

Should I leave him alone or help my boyfriend? [ 21 Answers ]

I love my boyfriend very much.He also loves me so much.But his parents didn't accept as I belong to different culture.So fixed his marriage. But now he still find out d way to break his marriage and try to convice his parents. Even I askd him to tell everything to that gal but he afraid to do...

View more questions Search