Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    miguelito3218 Posts: 60, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2007, 02:55 PM
    Picture of toilet group rough in
    Speedball, you think this toilet group is acceptable? (Those doors have since been blocked in). The left 2" pipe will elbow over to the left to catch the faucet, and then shoot up as a vent stack from the faucet, the right 2" pipe will tie into the vent stack somewhere above the faucet. Thanks.
    Attached Images

speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jan 17, 2007, 04:50 PM
    This will work. However, instead of elbowing over from the left pipe to pick up the lavatory I would install a 2 X 2 X 1 1/2" sanitary tee and arm over to the lav and take the vent off the top of the tee. While taking the right hand pipe off a rolled up wye is the correct way to vent the tub/shower it's really unnecessary since the shower's already wet vented by the lavatory vent. But overall it's a good bathroom group rough in. Good job! Tom

Jan 17, 2007, 06:22 PM
    Yes I agree that it would be easier to just install the tee, but there will be a window right above the toilet, so I have route the vent around the window. Thanks for all your help on this project.

Feb 13, 2007, 07:58 PM
    Ok first mistake of the project, my tub drain rough is off... I mis-read the rough in dimensions on the whirlpool tub... I set the drain in line with the actual drain on the tub, not the tailpipe :mad: :mad: :mad: So, I'm going to dig up some of the dirt and 45 and 45 up to where it needs to be... will this be OK?

Also, my stub out is 2"... my tub tail piece is 1 1/4? Brass. How do I connect these two? Thanks!
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Feb 14, 2007, 08:31 AM
    "Also, my stub out is 2"... my tub tail piece is 1 1/4? Brass. How do I connect these two?"

You'll use a 2" compression fitting,(see image) with a 2 X 1 1/4" Nylon gasket to connect the trap raiser to the tailpiece. Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Group - A & Group-T shares [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I just want to know what are Group-A shares & Group-T shares and what we mean by that. On what basis this groupings are done

Toilet Flange on rough in [ 2 Answers ]

What all is involved in mounting a toilet flange to rough in on conrete? Thanks in advance!

Toilet in basement -already has rough in [ 3 Answers ]

Hi we are installing a toilet in the basement of our new home. There is already a 4 inch stub that was left by the contractors. I have a couple of questions. 1.What kind of flange do we need for it to be flush with the concrete? Should we just buy a 3" flange and glue it into the four inch...

View more questions Search