Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mommylindz Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2007, 02:42 PM
    Changing my children's last names:/
    OK so here my problem me and my ex have two children ages 4 1/2, and 3 we were separated when both girls were born... both girls have my last name, Their father and I know have a great relationship and I want to change the girls last names to his... the problem I'm having is I have lived with my parents since I've had my frist daughter( I was 17 when she was born) and they have helped ua out by gving a roof over our head and they have helped us out financially, they don't think to great of my ex and what not, so I feel like I have to ask my parents for permission to change our girls last names... im at a lost I don't want to upset their father and I don't want to upset my parents. Could someone please give me some adivce on what to do id appriciate it:/
    SingleMom7105 Posts: 63, Reputation: 4

Feb 7, 2007, 06:33 AM
    How long have the two of you been back together? That would be a big thing. Are you sure that two of you are going to stay together?

Listen to your parents though, listen and see what exactly their concern is. It may just be they are concerned that he may not stay in their life and its going to be harder to get him out of your life if something happens if the girls have his last name.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need Name of A children's movie [ 7 Answers ]

There is a movie that is about 10 years old ,maybe more, that I need the title of. It is a children's movie and it is about a little girl who is on an adventure. She has to go through obstacles like walking upside down on a dirt road and she has little friends that are like cabage patch kids (I...

Changing last names [ 3 Answers ]

I am trying to change my sons last name and I'm not sure if I need his fathers permission he hasn't been here since he was born and the baby is 5months old.. Does anyone know if I can change it with out him ?

Adding children's Names To Mortgage [ 4 Answers ]

I would like to add my grown up children to my mortgage as they are paying it as well as me, how can I go about this and how much will it cost. June Chapman

Changing last names [ 4 Answers ]

I need to know how I would go about legally changing the last names of my husband, two kids and myself to my maiden name.

View more questions Search