Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    bharjos Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2007, 02:02 PM
    Installing a headphone jack plug for TV
    I have a portable 14" TV without a jack plug. Is it straightforward to install (by soldering) a jack plug between the speaker and circuit board. I.e cutting the cable leading up to the speaker and soldering a jack plug. If this is possible will the speaker cut out the sound when headphones and plugged in?
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Nov 13, 2007, 09:40 AM
    Depend how you wire it. You can have it disconnect speaker when it is plugged in.
    Or speaker could play with headphones plugged in. Switching is done in jack, not all jacks.
    There is strereo and mono. Resistors are needed for the headphones.
    Easiest is to salvage one from Electronics unit being thrown out.
    Don't cut the wires off, may be used for new connections.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Mucus plug [ 15 Answers ]

I'm slightly concerned that I might be losing bits and pieces of my mucus plug. I had an incedent a couple of weeks ago when I passed something about the size of a dime though I didn't get a really good look at it. About a week ago I wiped and found a bit of what looked like cornstarch when you mix...

Replace 2-plug GFGI with a 4-plug GFCI? [ 7 Answers ]

I am remodeling my bathroom and my wife wants a 4 plug outlet. She currently uses one for the hair dryer and one to charge her electric toothbrush. The intent is to add a lighted mirror or something else that uses little power. Would it be OK to replace the GFCI with a 4 plug GFCI? I suspect...

Gfi plug [ 1 Answers ]

The GFI plug in my guest bath is about 3 months old. Yesterday it reset and I noticed that some of my plugs were not working. I hit the test button and the yellow light came on and when I hit reset, the light went off but my other plugs were still "dead". I plugged a lamp into the bottom switch...

Mucous plug [ 8 Answers ]

I am 39 weeks and 4 days and I haven't lost my mucous plug yet, does anyone know if this means I still have a while to go or is it normal for some women to not experience this until labor??

Headphone and Mic for broadcast quality [ 7 Answers ]

I'm looking for a headphone and mic combo that plugs into my PC that will give me broadcast quality. I use one now with my sound card, but it sounds tinney and not rich tones. Can you recommend such a headphone with mic combo. I will be putting my speaking programs on video using a video...

View more questions Search