Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    PET41 Posts: 23, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2011, 01:59 PM
    I have an all electric home and want to replace electric hot water heater with electr
    We have a total electric home and want to replace the old water heater with an electric tankless whole house hot water heater. Gas is not available where we are. Is it practical?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Feb 13, 2011, 03:10 PM
    It can be, but you need to determine the load of the tankless since they use a lot of immediate need power and it is possible you may need to upgrade your service. Personally, I am not a fan of them, particularly if you have a larger family using water at one time, they won't keep up with demand. I would consider a newer, more efficient tank heater with an extra insulating blanket.
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

Feb 13, 2011, 06:21 PM
    Not a big fan of the hot water on demand system. Did You know that if you go to wash your hands or shave your face you have to move X amount of water for the system to kick in and start making hot water. Take a look at the marathon water heater.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Electric hot water heater [ 7 Answers ]

I have attached and filled tank. I wired heater to plug--grounds attached to proper screws. When I touch the electrical outlet box cover (metal) and copper pipe on the heater, I get shocked. The outlet has space for three wires ( 2 hot and 1 nuetral ) the wires coming to the outlet have 1 hot, 1...

Manufactured Home Electric Hot Water Heater [ 1 Answers ]

My manufactured home hot water heater isn't heating any water, I looked at the thermostat and the wires seems to have burn marks near them, and it seems that water or moister near the thermostat. Do need to buy a new water heater or do I need a new thermostat? A friend told me that I would need a...

Electric hot water heater [ 1 Answers ]

Wiring diagram to wire an electric hot water heater to breaker panel

Electric Hot Water Heater [ 1 Answers ]

I have an electric hot water heater and its not even a year old. Our hot water faucet in the tub will not shut off all the way so the hot water has been dripping lightly constantly for about 3 weeks. One day the hot water just stopped coming on. Do I need to buy a new one or is there something I...

Electric Hot Water Heater [ 1 Answers ]

On Thursday, December 6th, 2007 our pump house for our well froze up. When water was finally restored my hot water heater didn't work. I get nothing, not a gurgle or grind. When I turn on the hot water spigot water comes out so I know water is flowing through the hot water heater, but it is not...

View more questions Search