Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    javadataiy Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2011, 12:43 AM
    Bachelor to Master's degree
    Hello EB,
    I've received my Bachelor's degree in English Literature, now I wonder what are my choices for Master's degree, Can I study other science and subjects 'e.g Computer Networking' or I have to just finish my English related fields. Now I work as an IT and love to study Computer Networking for my Master's degree.
    Thanks.
    pready Posts: 3,197, Reputation: 207
    Ultra Member

Feb 14, 2011, 09:02 AM

You can get a Master's in any field that you want, but you may have to take extra classes to meet the entance requirements, so I would check the entrance requirements for the degree you are interested in at the College or University that you plan on attending.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 14, 2011, 09:11 AM

pready is correct -- you can get a master's in any field, but may have to take undergrad classes in order to complete entrance requirements. For instance, I have a bachelor's in education and got a master's in counseling psych. Before I could take certain master's-level courses, I had to complete undergrad requirements such as Abnormal Psych and Theories of Personality.

Feb 15, 2011, 09:40 PM
    Comment on pready's post
    Thanks pready, that's what I wanted to hear.

Feb 15, 2011, 09:44 PM
    Comment on Wondergirl's post
    Thanks Wondergirl, I wonder how much time it takes to complete undergrad and be qualify for entrance.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 15, 2011, 10:45 PM

I had entered a master's program with the stipulation that I complete the two undergrad courses during the first year. I took both of them as correspondence courses (online courses were not yet popular). I did not have the time to drive to a different college and sit in on undergrad classes each day, and correspondence courses could be done at home in my spare time.

Feb 16, 2011, 10:08 PM
    Comment on Wondergirl's post
    Thanks Wondergirl, very helpful.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am soon to be an Master's Degree holder... [ 1 Answers ]

I am soon to be an Master's Degree holder in the Archives/Records field. However, having come late to the table, I have very little exp outside of coursework. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I should be looking for a job? I am already signed up to several feeder posting websites but...

Scholarships master's degree [ 2 Answers ]

How to get the scholarship

Bachelor degree? [ 2 Answers ]

:confused: Hey, I want to become an primary school teacher but all I know is I have to get a bachelors degree then a provincial teachers certificate. What do I have to take to get the bachelors degree? Like just any teachable course or what? Any help i8s useful.:confused:

1-year Master's degree [ 4 Answers ]

Hey, does anyone know of any good 1 year Master programs available in an Ivy League school. I am desperate for some research and analytical experience in any field, preferably in health.

View more questions Search