Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    islandgrrrl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2011, 07:23 PM
    Toilet fill valve is stuck, any ideas how to remove it? *Newbie*
    Hi, I am trying to install a new 'Korky toilet fill valve and premium flapper' in my 81yr old dad's toilet.. I have never done this before, I shut off the water under the tank and removed the nut under the old fill valve, however when I attempt to remove the old fill valve only part of it comes out. I am left with a grey plastic tube with a black rubber gasket. When I attempt to remove it, I seem unable to because it is stuck any ideas? Thank you for any help.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Feb 12, 2011, 10:57 PM

Are you sure that you remove the nut holding the tube in place and not just the nut connecting the water supply tube. When the nut holding the tube of the valve in place is removed the tube should easily pull out.
    Can you post a picture of the bottom of the tank where you removed the nut.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do remove old fill valve with no plastic nut? [ 5 Answers ]

I agree with Annie, what a great forum! I thought changing the fill valve would be easy breezy. There is no plastic connecting nut under the tank. It's all metal. The tube is metal as well. I've loosened the metal nut as far as I can so that the old fill valve wiggles. But I don't know how to...

Replacing toilet fill valve - unable to remove [ 63 Answers ]

Hello, I am so glad to have found this most informative plumbing forum. I am attempting to replace the insides of our 23-year-old toilet. Our other 2 toilets have newer components, so I thought I'd tackle replacing this myself. I've seen multiple online videos on how to repair a toilet....

Fill valve for toilet [ 3 Answers ]

I replaced the fill valve and flapper in toilet, but when I turned on the Water, it does not fill up the tank quickly. There is water through the Tube, but it jut "trickles" into the tank!

Pressure from toilet valve will not fill toilet tank [ 1 Answers ]

I have recently had a soft water installation put in. The shut off valve is conveniently close to the garage where the clean water tank was installed. Anyhow after the installation was completed pressure worked great in every room except the master bathroom toilet. The dual sink, the shower, and...

Toilet fill valve [ 3 Answers ]

I replaced the fill valve in my toilet and the water will not fill up in the tank. When I disconnect the pipe between the shut off and tank, I can turn the water "on" and nothing happens. The sink and shower both work but the water won't go to the toilet. What can I do to fix this problem?

View more questions Search