Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jlbkmacdonald Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 17, 2007, 12:26 PM
    Trane XL80 Heater Unit
    We had a Trane XL80 Heater and XL 12 AC Condenser installed back in Jun 2004 - The blower fan on the heater is starting to make some noise! Not sure if it's getting ready to go out? Or not - also we had a Sta-Med Electronic Air Cleaner installed at the same time - the power light (green) does not come on now! So I'm not sure that this unit is working?

I also noticed that through inspection hole on the furnace - the light is flashing red! Does this mean there's problem?

Any advise on this would be appreciated!!

I called the place that sold us the units and installed them! At a cost of $9,096.00 and they indicated that there's a service call cost of $119.00 plus any parts or additional labor that would be needed - So I'm going this route first -

A little disappointed to learn that none of this is covered - even under the manufacture coverage! Which says it covered for 10yrs.
    NorthernHeat Posts: 1,455, Reputation: 132
    Ultra Member

Jan 17, 2007, 04:45 PM
    I thought Trane had a 5 year part warranty in '04. Light fill flash steady for when there is a call for heat. The codes are printed on the board itself. I don't know about the air cleaner, it should only be energized when the fan is on, the light could just be burnt out too. I've never heard of that air cleaner. Are you without heat?? If the HVAC company wants to be difficult about a repair go straight to Trane with your complaint.
    SirLuck Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Jan 24, 2007, 06:16 PM
    The red flashing light is probably normal. These codes are printed on the door and tell you their meanings. When it is not trying to generate heat, it will be a slow steady flash (normal NO heat call). Fast flashing means the thermostat is requesting heat (normal heat call). Steady flashes are normal. If it pauses (i.e. 3 flashes, pause) it could mean a problem.
    dwaynec Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2009, 11:26 AM
    Flash Codes from XV80 Installer Guide (UD-R9V - Upflow)

Flashing Slow -- Normal - No call for heat
    Flashing Fast -- Normal - Call for heat
    Continuous ON -- Replace IFC
    Continuous OFF -- Check power
    2 Flashes -- System lockout (retries or recycles exceeded)
    3 Flashes -- Draft pressure error - possible problems: a) venting problem, b) pressure switch problem, c) inducer problem
    4 Flashes -- Open temperature limit circuit
    5 Flashes -- Flame sensed when no flame should be present
    6 Flashes -- 115 volt AC power reversed, poor grounding or system voltage too low
    7 Flashes -- Gas valve circuit error
    8 Flashes -- Low flame sense signal
    9 Flashes -- Check ignitor circuit and line "N" to 24VAC "common" voltage (<= 2 volts) [possible grounding problem]
    jpl1552 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2012, 04:19 PM
    I have 6 fast flashing light on the control panel of my train xv80. I looked at all the ground wires. I am not sure what I should next? I could use some help. Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trane XL80 TUD100R948K furnace [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Trane XL80 2 stage furnace just installed and in the manual it mentions that the blower motor speed can be adjusted by the spped taps wiring. It has 4 wires black, yello, red and blue. And there is a terminal called "PARK". Which has the yellow wire connected to it and then RED to LO HEAT...

Trane XL80 blower problem [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Trane XL80 furnace, about 16 years old, with heat only setup. After we turned on the heat, the pilot fire came on, then the furnace lit and the heats up, however the blower wasn't turning and not blowing air. We opened both doors, saw the fan limit (a little round dial with setting to...

Buzzing Defrost Relay on Trane Unit [ 1 Answers ]

My Trane unit, VR724E100A0 has been giving be trouble. The fan wouldn't hardly run and I was hearing a faint buzzing noise. It would act like it was trying to run, then slow down, speed up, repeat & finally stop. Turning by hand didn't help. I installed a new run capicator for fan and the fan...

Trane a/c unit [ 1 Answers ]

When I turn the a/c on inside the trane unit outside is making a loud buzzing sound. What can I do?

TRANE XL80 blower stopped turning [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I have a TRANE XL80 Furnace. Couple of days ago the furnace “Blower” started to make humming and grinding noise and it wouldn’t turn. I then would give it a push start by turning it by hand, and it would turn for couple of hours and it would do the same thing. An hour ago, it stopped...

View more questions Search