Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 12, 2011, 08:09 AM
    Second accident exacerbates damage
    Here's the scenario. An accident occurs causing damage to the bumper. Owner puts in a claim and the insurer authorizes repairs that include replacement of the bumper. The bumper was temporarily reattached and the car is drivable. The owner does not have the amount to cover the deductible so was waiting until she received her tax refund to get the repairs done.

Then the owner is involved in a second incident (both are single driver incidents) where the bumper totally comes off so the car is no longer drivable.

The question is, since the damage from the second incident will be repaired by the repairs authorized from the first incident, is there any need for a second claim?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 12, 2011, 08:58 AM

Has the car been inspected and there is no additional damage that was not covered in the first ?

And if that answer is no, the second claim did no damage, ( additional) so there is no claim to file.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Accident liver damage [ 2 Answers ]

My brother met with an accident last week,his liver got bleeding and done operation and removed half last week.but still it's getting bleeding in liver.why it's happened,is that serious problem?

Auto Accident: Damage Settlement not Injury Settlement [ 13 Answers ]

Hello all and thank you in advance for your kind answers. My Girlfriend was involved in an accident in November. Here are some key points about the event. 1. Accident Fault - Fault was clearly the other driver Documented in the Police report. 2. Vehicle is currently financed - In both of...

Damage to city property due to car accident [ 1 Answers ]

In December of 2003, while driving, I got into a car accident. My back tires hit a patch of ice, and I swerved into the oncoming traffic, so I reacted quickly and wound up jumping a curb, sliding across a fence, and then the car stopped. The fence (chain link) had some minor damage, and my car was...

View more questions Search