Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    heat22 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2011, 08:56 PM
    Divorced, father has custody of child and mother found she has to pay child support
    I just received my divorce papers and my ex wife found out she has to pay child support and now she wants custody. We signed a non contest divorce where we both agreed, she has been distant from my daughter for sometime, she has only seen our daughter 12 times n almost 2 years.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 10, 2011, 09:30 PM

Why did she not know, in a divorce and custody agreement, the child support paper work would have been part of it, She should have know what she was expected to pay going in.

Most likely she does not have a real chance.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Feb 11, 2011, 04:55 AM

There may also be a time frame that she has to wait to modify the order.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Feb 11, 2011, 08:39 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by heat22 View Post
    I just recieved my divorce papers and my ex wife found out she has to pay child support and now she wants custody. We signed a non contest divorce where we both agreed, she has been distant from my daughter for sometime, she has only seen our daughter 12 times n almost 2 years.
    And you want to know what? What to do? Nothing. The ball is in her court. Tell her that the divorce is finalized and that's that.

If she does nothing about it, and I don't expect her to do anything but pay the child support, there is nothing you have to do. If she fails to pay, take her to court.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

If dad gets child custody does mom pay child support? [ 4 Answers ]

My husband if paying child support for his 2 kids, but the mom is not taking care of the kids properly. They smell every time he visits them, one of them is really skinny and the doctor said that his wight is really low. She has not done anything about that, and there has been some other things. If...

Can a father of a child force child support on a mother that gave up the child willing [ 13 Answers ]

While my wife and I were split up she got pregnant ( while on the birth control implant). I myself am fixed ( we didn't want anymore kids) and we couldn't afford to have more kids if wanted them. We thought about giving the child up for adoption but it turns out the father wants the child. He...

I am a mother, if I give up rights to my child, do I still have to pay child support [ 2 Answers ]

I have seen this question before but it is never for my state or it's always a father asking? I would like to give up my rights over my son, to his biological father. I live in Florida. And have had physical custody of my child for the last 6 years. His biological father owes me about 26,000 in...

Mother seeking Child Support from Father with Joint Custody [ 1 Answers ]

I live in Los Angeles California. I filed for child support at the end of January for my 6 month old because I was receiving little or nothing from her father even though he was working. The first two months of her life he and I were at odds and had several disagreements. I childishly...

View more questions Search