Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    amrorro Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2011, 01:38 PM
    Dying dark brown hair light brown
    I have dark redish/brown hair right now. I really hate the color and want to dye it light brown.

If I go get a box of dye from the store and do it myself, will it turn out an orangey color or will I be fine?

My hair is about medium length and healthy. What type of dye should I buy if this is possible?
    princess6513859 Posts: 11, Reputation: 2

Feb 15, 2011, 04:04 AM
    Colour won't lift colour so buying a lighter hair colour won't get rid of the darker , might only result in making your roots lighter where your natural colour is! I would advise you to go to a professional salon to get it lightened! Box colours only result in a build up of colour in your hair which sometimes can be difficult to remove!
    Barrsab Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 6, 2011, 11:17 AM
    If you get hair color removel it will, but then when you dye it the color you want it will work. Trust me, I've tried.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I turn my naturally dark brown/black hair to a light brown after I bleach it? [ 1 Answers ]

I used a light ash brown and it turned like a greyish green color!

How to get hair from medium brown with auburn to light brown or dark blonde [ 0 Answers ]

My natural hair color is dirty blonde so to speak , so like a light brown color . When I tried to die my hair blonder , it turned a strawberry weird blonde color , so to cover it up I colored it dark brown/black . Yes , I know its so hard to get black out of your hair , but somehow I got it out. I...

Can I dye my hair a light brown the day after I died it dark brown/blackish? [ 1 Answers ]

Alrighty, so I died my hair a dark brown, and it kind of came out black. So I would like to go back to a lighter brown but still dark. Can I do that today? I have a business thing tomorrow and would rather I did not have this hair colour?? HELP!! :confused:

Dying my dark brown hair light brown. [ 5 Answers ]

I'd like some advice on dying my dark brown hair light brown. I dyed it myself few years ago a light ash brown and it turned red :eek: After that I had my hair stylist put blonde high lights in it to cover gray. Now that the highlights aren't covering the gray, I'd like to dye my hair light brown....

View more questions Search