Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Magalli Posts: 11, Reputation: 5

Jan 17, 2007, 08:27 AM
    Home schooled: credits for college?
    Im homeschooled, this is my senior year, I would like to know how I can obtain credits for Collage, does anyone know anything about it? If you do please can you help me with some information please?
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Jan 17, 2007, 08:36 AM
    That will depend on the college that you are thinking of attending. I would contact their admissions office and see what they have to say about testing out of some courses.

Your other option is to check with local community colleges. Many of them have programs for dual credit (one class gives you high school and college credit).

Good luck!

PS... you have started applying to colleges already, I hope? Most schools' financial aid deadlines are coming up, and housing deadlines are usually in November of the year before!
    lauriinnc Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 1, 2007, 08:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Magalli
    Im homeschooled, this is my senior year, I would like to know how I can obtain credits for Collage, does anyone know anything about it? If you do please can you help me with some information please?
    There are tests called CLEP tests that you can take to get college credit. Look here:
    About the College Level Examination Program (CLEP)

Hope this helps!
    Lauriinnc, homeschooling mom of 9
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 1, 2007, 08:43 PM
    Also I don't know what program ( if you are using a program) but some of the homeschool programs are connected or have connections with some colleges, which allows you to do some during your last year of high school study.

But as noted when you decide on a college, their admission depart can help you with a lot of the info. There are testing you can do for credit not to take the course.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is Excelsior College a real college? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, if someone can please help me and let me know if Excelsior College's distance learning program is legally accredited, I would appreciate it very much. I would like to get a BS degree in Computer Information System through distance learning. I found that Excelsior College is perfect for this,...

College guy suddenly confusing college girl [ 4 Answers ]

So here's the deal: I entered college midyear. During my first week, I met this incredibly nice & cute guy. We hit it off. We spent hours just talking in his room. He drove me to the bookstore to get my books. We went out for fast food a couple times. Things got complicated when he decided to...

Need 2 credits to graduate [ 2 Answers ]

Ok here's the thing... I was supposed to graduate this year from high school.. I had 2 classes and left at 9:30... I had some difficulty and what not and failed and missed too many days. What should I do about getting my diploma? All I need is 2 credits :( your help would be greatly appreciated.

College [ 6 Answers ]

With colleges that require you to live on campus the first year or two, will any allow you to bring your baby with you? I know Longwood allows it in certain cases but I was wondering if anyone knew of others that did. If not does anyone know if those colleges will let you live off campus instead?

College boyfriend [ 1 Answers ]

My boyfriend of one and a half years and I broke up right before coming to college. Though he did go out on a date or two with a girl from back home, he has not gone out with anyone for five months. Now, here's the glitch--we both go to the same college. Originally, I was going to go to school...

View more questions Search