Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    worry1981 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 10, 2011, 12:58 AM
    Cheated on my wife, lied to her now don't know what to do...
    Hi, I have no idea what to do, I have been married for 2 years nearly, have 2 beautiful children and a beautiful wife, whom I love with all my heart. We delved into the world of hotwifing for some fun, but its all gone pear shaped, she did it and then massively regretted it, evryone found out and she says I was prostituting her out, and now resents me for it. This is when I made such a stupid pathetic mistake, she told me that she wasn't sure if she wanted me anymore etc, so I started to speak to a friend of hers and mine, and got a bit too close. I slept with this woman because I was feeling lonely, stupid me I know, I felt sick afterwards and went home in tears almost. It then turns out a few days later that another friend went on her Facebook and found all the messages we had sent to each other, printed them out and gave them to my wife, she understandably went mad at me, she then contacted this woman and asked her if I had slept with her, which she totally denied. I wish to hell I had told my wife the truth and kept some shred of decency but I didn't, I was so scared I was about to lose her and the children, again, stupid of me I know. Then it turns out this woman that I slept with has past mental health issues, has lied about my wife and children in the past and really been a right cow spreading rumours and lies about my family for a long while, her husband left her last year as he said she was mad and I didn't believe him. Now everyone thinks that she set these messages up so her ex would fine them as he goes on her FB sometimes, and everyone thinks I have done nothing wrong, now I'm being threatened by this woman that she is going to show ervyone the texts that I sent her saying god knows what as I have ruined her life. She has moved her children to a different school and is moving out of the area, I hate myself for what I have done, totally hate myself but I will never forgive myself if I hurt my wife anymore or my children, I actually considered suicide the other day on the way home, even sat in my car and wrote a note to my wife saying how sorry I was and how proud I was of her and the children, I don't know what to do, I know I should tell her but I can't now, it's a massive web of lies and don't know how to get out of it
    katie_forder Posts: 24, Reputation: 0

Feb 10, 2011, 06:12 AM
    Well, I'm no expert on relationships or anything but here is my view.
    You should tell her today if you haven't already. Hopefully she is smart enough to leave you and hopefully you both can still get along for the children's sake.
    You two are not meant to be together and just because you have been married and love her does not mean you are actually ready for a marriage commitment.
    If I were her I would not consider marriage counseling. It would be over.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 10, 2011, 06:23 AM
    I have no idea what hotwifi is or what pear shaped means in that context, but of course you can extricate yourself from a web of lies BY TALKING TO YOUR WIFE. If she still thinks you forced her into something she didn't want to do, both of you get to a couples counselor ASAP, because she needs to take some responsibility too.

Sorry, but you sound pathetic. Almost cried. Actually thought about suicide. Sat in your car and wrote a letter. Can't get out of this. A spider's thread is made of the strongest stuff on earth and of course a bug gets stuck. Your web is of your own making and you are the spider. Get yourself out. Show some integrity and act. Period.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Feb 10, 2011, 08:10 AM

First, find a counselor and make an appointment for yourself if nothing else.

Second, tell your wife everything. Show her the correspondence if you have to and let her know that you are starting counseling and would like for her to join you, but you understand if she isn't ready to take that step. Communicate with her to find out what her needs are. Do not be surprised if it takes a while for her to be able to discuss the issues with you. Be patient and do not put the blame for your actions on her.

The 'hotwifing' (sharing the wife with other men) was obviously a mistake that both of you made together. That is something that she needs to come to terms with.

Your cheating was your mistake. Taking responsibility means that you do what you can to go forward. Whatever happens between you and your wife will not negate the fact that you are a father to two children who will need you to be in their lives giving them love and support. Cry if you need to, but get thoughts of suicide out of your mind. Suicide is ultimate in putting an individual's wants, desires, and needs ahead of anyone else's. I think there has been enough selfishness shown in this relationship already.

Please seek professional counseling to work through this for children. There may not be a marriage left, but there is still a lot of parenting to do.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Feb 10, 2011, 09:10 AM
    Had to spread the rep Cat, but as always, excellent advice.

Worry,

This entire situation is out of control, and until you establish control over yourself, you don't have a hope in hel* of saving your marriage.

As Cat said, you need to speak to a professional, and sort out this mess, one step at a time. You can only attempt to change what you can, about yourself, to solve the issues you face.

You have NO control over what anybody else does. While gossip, postings printed out, and psycho drama queens are a part of why you are in this position, none of that will heal or mend all that has happened.

You have to start at the beginning, and work it through. Learn what you can do to get past the confusion, guilt, and remorse, and turn that energy into a positive plan that will lead to healthy goals. i.e. saving your marriage.

There is help for you, but you need to take that step in actually making the effort, and the commitment to getting it. Without that, you will forever be in the position of worrying and slapping bandaides on what are now, simmering external problems that could very well turn into major surgery.

Take the step to start with yourself.
    robinad Posts: 86, Reputation: 8

Feb 12, 2011, 07:13 PM
    I would start by going to counseling with your wife, tell her the truth and take the steps to improve your life.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 13, 2011, 02:55 PM

ERROR: You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Cat1864 again.

I see no other course but for you to get the help you need, and be honest with your wife about everything. After that you have to man up, and take the consequences of your actions, and just do the right thing for a change. Even if you don't want to, or things don't work out to your satisfaction.
    robinad Posts: 86, Reputation: 8

Feb 13, 2011, 03:45 PM
    Update?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I Cheated and lied, but I want him back. [ 11 Answers ]

So I am really frustrated with myself. So me and my ex(jimmy) were together from December - May. We loved being with each other, spent every moment, we just overall loved having one another around. However, I am close friends with a lot of guys before I started to ever talk to jimmy, and there just...

My Girlfriend Cheated/Lied to Me [ 4 Answers ]

Were both 15 years old and we were going out for almost 2 months. It was amazing. We both thought we were made for each other, and we loved each other so much. Whenever we were both free, we hanged out. Most of the time it was at her house alone. We cuddled, made out and all that stuff. Nothing...

Hurt because he lied and cheated [ 21 Answers ]

Hello, I need to some help. I just found out that my boyfriend of 3yrs had been talking to another woman and on feb the 14th he went up there to see her and had lunch so he says. I did not all of this until last week because he was acting funny on the computer and I went into his email and found...

He told me he cheated. Now he tells me .he lied and never cheated! [ 11 Answers ]

Ok a month ago my boyfriend had told me he cheated on me! So obviously I broke up with him. And a week ago he told me he never really did cheat on me.. like the girl tried to kiss him but he never answered the kiss. He says he feels guilty from that. And he said he told me he cheated on me to test...

He cheated and lied [ 4 Answers ]

I dated a guy for 4 years, and took him back repeatedly after he cheated and lied to me. He always promised things would change and they never did. I finally just told him I don't care anymore and left him, but now I'm so unconsolable!! I literally haven't felt this much pain, the realization of...

View more questions Search