Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    detmike Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2011, 10:49 AM
    Old hd Win xp to install in new putter Win 7
    New member- so thanks for any help.
    Old putter took a poop during a power outage. Six years old custom built, upgraded to the max. Was on second power pack and figured to old to fix again due again to another power outage. Anyway, saved the hard drive with window xp and all my files (I think). Now the hard part is, new putter which is a Dell Inspiron w/window 7. I would like to remove some files from old hd (pictures and music) and install to the new putter. I am experinced enough to open the new one and install maybe as a second hd. But, maybe not experinced enough to trust myself. Is there an easier workaround? Just noticed- old hd is IDE and new hd is SATA, in my mind that could be a problem? Bought a device w/power pack, IDE connector and usb connector, tried it and can not figure it out. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Feb 9, 2011, 01:27 PM

I had a similar issue with an employee and we bought an IDE Encasement from Bestbuy that turned the internal HDD into an external... is this what you're talking about?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to remove win 7 and install win xp [ 7 Answers ]

I have a hp laptop with win 7. I want to remove win7 and install win xp. I tried booting form my xp cd but it shows no disk and have to abort installation. I don't want dual booting but just xp. So help me.

Seek philanthropist to assist with private financing. Win win situation [ 3 Answers ]

I seek a private philanthropist to assist me for real estate investing. I have prior experience. I seek a win win situation. I have perfect credit and live in a great part of USA.

Win XP SP3 won't Install [ 1 Answers ]

I am having trouble installing SP3 for Win XP Pro. I can download it and it starts to install, about 3/4 of the way through, it says it has to abort and goes through a uninstall. I have tried with no success about 3 times. I have closed all running programs, antivirus, networking, internet, anti...

Install win xp pro from hdd [ 7 Answers ]

How to install WIN XP PRO from HDD?

Can't format HD to install win xp [ 5 Answers ]

Hi. I have a WESTERN DIGITAL 80GB 7200 8MB CACHE HARD DRIVE. I had win xp pro on it but I deleted using the WIn xp cd it because I want to install it again. Right now I have no OS. I have only one big partition of the whole HD ( Also I saw that it said besides the "C" NEW and RAW. When I am...

View more questions Search