Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MrBigLou Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2011, 10:32 AM
    My wife filed for divorce, I didn't want a divorce, I still loved her, I asked why?
    I didn't want a divorce because I didn't want to be away from my family , and I still loved my wife, I pleaded with her to not do this and asked her why , she told me the reason was cause of " how I used to treat her " , I wasn't a saint when we first got married , but I wasn't that bad . I never abused her , never cheated , I was married for 18 years , and I changed for the better after maybe 8 years for her , like she wanted , but noticed that she started to push me away , I change my life and started to be with my family more and fell in love with my wife again , and I notticed that she. Didn't like that I was like that after all , but I changed to be for just my wife and kids ' now she stopped loving me she said , so herecomes divorce , and said cause the way I used to treat her , was that an excuse for her to get divorced ?
    Enigma1999 Posts: 2,223, Reputation: 1077
    Welbeing Expert

Feb 9, 2011, 10:42 AM

If I may ask.. What was it that you did to her?

How did you mistreat her?
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Feb 9, 2011, 11:50 AM

There was obviously something that went on that was a real problem for her.
    What did you do to her, how were you treating her.
    answerme_tender Posts: 1,148, Reputation: 689
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2011, 03:24 PM

Come on Lou, you are going to have to open up here if you want us to be able to truly understand what could cause her so much pain as to leave the marriage.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Feb 9, 2011, 04:02 PM

So very sorry Lou... it is painful.

It could be that she simply has changed over the years and no longer wants to be married. Perhaps whatever happened in the past was something she was unable to get over and it has bothered her ever since. Maybe you thought things were going better and she didn't let you know otherwise.

People divorce for a variety of reasons... sadly it is sometimes just simply about growing apart.

You could ask her about considering counseling together, or a trial separation at least instead of divorce. Let her know how much you love her and are willing to put forth the effort to rebuild the relationship with her. Then it will be up to her whether she wants to give it a try.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 9, 2011, 06:44 PM

As hard as it will be making adjustments to what she wants for whatever reason, you still will have kids who need a good dad.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am on the deed but not the mortgage, in divorce can I be asked to move? [ 3 Answers ]

My husband and I are not together but we still live in our home. I am not on the mortgage but my name is on the deed. The court suggests that we sell the home. He is willing to move out until the divorce is final but who gets the home. I can't pay for it. Can he be made to pay the mortgage for...

Not the biological dad; pays child support; wife filed for divorce. [ 4 Answers ]

The divorce was filed in September 2009. I found out I wasn't the biological dad December 2009 but now there is a court date scheduled to discuss custody and visitation which I want no parts of. Am I legally responsible for this situation anymore? She is also pregnant by another man now and someone...

I filed for divorce . I have a conditional divorce. What are the chances of renewal [ 1 Answers ]

I got engaged in the US and got married in India. I came back on visitors visa and had the court marriage in the US. I learnt that my husband was involved in adultery and he also physically abused me. I filed for divorce. I have a conditional green card and am applying for the waiver . What are the...

Boyfriend getting divorce, filed dissolution but ex wife might be pregnant. [ 2 Answers ]

My boyfriend is getting divorced, him and his ex have already filed the dissolution papers and paid the filing fee, but we think she's pregnant. And there is a good possibility thatit's his. What should he do?

Separated but not yet filed for divorce [ 6 Answers ]

My husband and I have separated but not yet filed for divorce yet, I know he has another girlfriend and has gotten her pregnant. But I am not allowed to see any men. He tells me that he has a private investagator following me around and has pictures on me. He is sending annymous e-mails to all my...

View more questions Search