Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Indigo189 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2011, 10:15 PM
    Obscure Children's Swan Movie (80s or 90s)
    I've looked everywhere and cannot find any mention of this movie that follows Hans Christian Andersen's 'The Wild Swans' almost exactly:

I remember watching a movie in the late 80s/early 90s about a princess whose brothers (I can't remember how many) are turned into swans by the queen, who is an evil sorceress. The queen also has designs against the princess, and leads her to a bath. She slips 3 toads into the water intending for them to make the young woman ugly. Instead, the toads turn to roses that float on the water around the princess (something about how she is too pure for sorcery to affect her).

There's a lot about the movie that I've forgotten. At some point,though, the princess is living in a cave making green shirts from nettles that sting and blister her hands. These, along with her silence, will return her brothers to human form. A king comes across the cave, finds the beautiful princess, and takes her back to the palace to become his queen. Still, she must continue making the nettle shirts. She goes to a graveyard at night, wearing a dark cloak, to collect nettles from the graves since they are the only ones that will undo the curse. Someone convinces the king that the princess is a witch, so she is set to be burned at the stake.

Her brothers fly over the stake and she tosses the shirts over their necks. They return to human form; one shirt was incomplete, though, so the unlucky prince forever has one swan wing. Still, everyone is happy and lives happily ever after.

**The bath scene with the frogs and roses is missing from all the versions I've come across; that, and most versions I have found end with all the brothers fully returning to human. I've pretty much given up finding the movie, but I just remember loving it.

If anyone can help me in any way, that would be great!! Thanks!!

Also, the movie is not:
    The Wild Swans (1977 toei anime)
    Swans (1985)
    Les Cygnes Sauvages (1962 w/ Tsehanovsky)
    GFTC The Six Swans
    MarieMal Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2011, 06:39 PM
    The six swans.
    I can't find it too..
    MarieMal Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

May 31, 2011, 06:41 PM
    If u find something about it *** let me know..
    I want to watch it again.. I was 6-7yrs old when I've watched it & I've missed it!
    juicygirl6789 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 18, 2011, 12:04 PM
    I know! That's the version I watched but I can't find it anywhere:( I want to see it again! Let me know if you find it...
    juicygirl6789 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2011, 08:18 PM
    Just found it!! :) It's " The Wild Swans (1994)(with sigourney weaver)". Yayyyyy!! :))))
    mgeea Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 26, 2012, 05:09 PM
    I also remember a scene where they have pillow fights? And when the brothers start young and then grow up?
    grutherf Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 4, 2013, 08:08 PM
    Is it this obscure french film called "Dikie Lebedi"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uZO76H040s

Mar 5, 2013, 06:49 AM
    Yes this is it!!

Mar 5, 2013, 06:50 AM
    Omg!! I haven't seen this in over 10 years! Too bad its not in english but still!

Mar 5, 2013, 06:52 AM
    The Wild Swan-Part 1.mov - YouTube

In english, at least some parts

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Couple of children's movie from 80s or 90s [ 7 Answers ]

Okay for the first one: I am pretty sure it is a version of Thumbelina, but all my searches have failed to turn up the right one. It starts (maybe after an introduction) with a old lady wishing for a daughter. (somehow) She gets a girl to bloom out of this flower. She made her a boat out of a nut...

Obscure 80s/90s kids movie/tv, boy statue [ 0 Answers ]

Hi, I was wondering if you could help me figure out the name of a really obscure kids movie (or maybe TV episode?) that I saw a long time ago. All I remember about it is that it involved a sort of love triangle between this girl and two boys--one of them liked skateboarding, and one of them gave...

I need to know a children's movie from the 80s or 90s [ 1 Answers ]

I can vaguely remember watching a movie when I was younger. The problem is, I remember one of the previews that had a green monster or alien or something living with a family causing all sorts of problems and such. I remember the song for the preview was the happy days theme song. That's all I can...

Movie title for old children's movie from late 80s or early 90s [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there: I've been searching for the title of a movie that I saw when I was a child. All I remember about it is that there are these little creatures, and if they entered through a mirror they would be brought to another world. In it there was this evil woman or queen who was trying to get to...

80s or 90s animated children's movie [ 6 Answers ]

Does anyone remember an 80's or 90's animated children's movie involving mice running from a cat or person in the kitchen of a castle? I just remember them running from table leg to table leg and then finally into a hole in the wall to escape. :confused: It also had cheese 80s 90s sound effects lol

View more questions Search