Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Danielle2007 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2007, 10:00 PM
    My puppy is losing weight and loss of appetite!
    I have thirteen week old black lab. He was always a big chunk and a big eater. Three days ago my girlfriend found him by the washer drinking the water leaking from hot water heater and washing machine. ( could have had soap, fabric softner and lint and dirt) The last two days his appetite is very litte to none. He has lost a lot of weight I can see ribs and getting skinnny. He continues to drink water, and nibbles a quarter of a cup of dog food each meal. He will eat dog bones. But his weight and mood isn't good, he's not playfull with our other dog. Yesturday he got his second set of shots, could this have something to do with it? I need advice I am getting worried. Please help me!! Thanks Danielle :confused: :eek: :
    animal advocate Posts: 43, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2007, 10:04 PM
    First of all are you saying these symptoms started before he had his second set of shots? Were they given by a vet? No matter what, this puppy needs to be seen by a verterinarian. He could be dangerously ill!

Please let us know how he is doing.

Molly
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Jan 17, 2007, 09:13 PM
    When you had him at the vet for shots, did you mention the lack of appetite? Better get back with the vet before the weekend. Usually soap tends to clean out a dog and they are ready to eat again. You have to know your dog to know how soon to call the vet if it doesn't eat. With most Labs, it is the first meal.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Weight Loss [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Has Anybody Tried Nowslim Tablets, And Do They Work?

I need some advice on losing weight. [ 10 Answers ]

I'm 16 years old and weigh 260lbs. I do not gain or loose any weight. I'm stuck! I've tried many diets but find that I do not have enough will power to actually stick to the exercising. I'm tiered of hearing rude remarks from guys and people at home and school. They don't know how bad it hurts to...

Losing weight [ 4 Answers ]

:( I'm a teenager but I'm kind of fat:( I want to loose weight how can I do that except taking all these pills and stuff cause I don't trust them ! I want to looze weight but I don't know a way Help me!! Xoxo

Losing weight and feeling energized [ 1 Answers ]

I am an average height person of 5'5 and my weight continues to fluctuate between 140 - 150 which is close to normal weight for my height. However, I have a little bit of flab on the lower part of my torso just above where my waist is almost like a small beer belly. However I don't drink beer that...

Loss of appetite [ 1 Answers ]

My 9 y/o Dalmatian has recently stopped eating her food. She drinks a lot of water. She has been eating cat droppings from a litter box and I recently gave her a dewormer. Could she have an upset stomach from the cat's poop and litter or is there something more wrong?

View more questions Search