Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    softballchica02 Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2011, 06:02 PM
    Ahhhh... I think I have a sixth sense... Do I?
    All right, well I think I have a sixth sense, plain and simple. I can like feel emotions that my friends have. Say one of them is really tore up about something, then I would feel tore up because I could feel them that way. And when I'm at softball practice, when one of my friends are up to bat I can feel their anxiety. It's like I'm up to the plate and their not. So, I feel like I can also pretty much read everybody emotions also... I think this is creepy. I just want to know if I'm just plain crazy or if I have a 6th sense... please help me:)
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 8, 2011, 06:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by softballchica02 View Post
    i just wanna know if im just plain crazy or if i have a 6th sense... please help me:)
    Hello s:

If you can tell what I'm thinking, you ain't nuts...

excon
    softballchica02 Posts: 22, Reputation: 1

Feb 8, 2011, 07:04 PM
    Comment on excon's post
    Well, its only people that I know that I can do that with, like I have to be with them lol
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 8, 2011, 07:23 PM

This is not a paranormal phenomenon, but just a psychological one: you are very empathic. It is very easy for you to "feel with" (em=with, path=feel), to get inside another person's skin. That's why some people do well in customer service or become counselors.
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Feb 9, 2011, 07:41 PM

Does this only work on a line of sight level or over the phone too? Many people are sensetive in some way or another to the environment around them. Does this also work with strangers like in a supermarket or mall setting?
    DeMonica16 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Feb 12, 2011, 10:48 AM
    The human brain is a very powerful thing, faster than any computer or robot on this planet and can do things that we never really think about. Yet we only use such a small portion of it. I'm just throwing this out there but maybe everyone has a sixth sense we just never have been able to acknowledge it because people aren't used to using that part of the brain. Maybe your one lucky person to be able to use such of a sense. I mean, that's pretty amazing that your able to tell your friends emotions. It might help you save a life one day you just never know:)
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Feb 12, 2011, 10:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by DeMonica16 View Post
    The human brain is a very powerful thing, faster than any computer or robot on this planet
    Hello D:

Oh, yeah?? Watch Jeopardy this week.

excon
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

Feb 12, 2011, 11:38 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by califdadof3 View Post
    Does this only work on a line of sight level or over the phone too? Many people are sensetive in some way or another to the enviroment around them. Does this also work with strangers like in a supermarket or mall setting?
    I agree, people pick up on others emotions simply by signals that they are receiving from the other person's body language and/or expressions.

Also you receive some of these 'feelings' from past experiences that you personally have experienced. Example, you have stood at the plate and know the tension so you may be subconsciously picking up on their 'feelings.'

Cal is correct, if you can feel anything from a stranger on the phone that you have no knowledge of then possibly you have something here.

Stringer
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Feb 15, 2011, 06:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by DeMonica16 View Post
    The human brain is a very powerful thing, faster than any computer or robot on this planet and can do things that we never really think about. yet we only use such a small portion of it. I'm just throwing this out there but maybe everyone has a sixth sense we just never have been able to acknowledge it because people aren't used to using that part of the brain. Maybe your one lucky person to be able to use such of a sense. I mean, that's pretty amazing that your able to tell your friends emotions. It might help you save a life one day you just never know:)
    I don't understand, we use all of our brain, where did you get the notion that we don't??
    onegarry Posts: 13, Reputation: 6

Feb 16, 2011, 08:04 AM
    Sounds like you may be what some would call an empath. An Empath is someone who can feel other people's emotions as their own: you literally feel what other people feel. I suggest you do a Google search for more information on this and ask our Lord Jesus how you may use this gift for the good of others.
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Feb 20, 2011, 04:08 PM
    This is tough, because really it could go either way. DeMonica is right, the human brain is powerful and we are not even close to fully understanding it. However, if this type of things begins to develop in any other ways I would be concerned. Onegarry is correct, I would seek Jesus Christ in you life, however, I would not specifically ask to use this gift for the good of others... most of these things are not gifts from God. Some people will mask it under the Gifts of the Spirit, however, the bible is very clear what these are. Psychic phenomena and ESP are not part of God's plan, however harmless it may seem. Whatever good you may think something like that can be used for... it is not from God. Be very careful how you allow this to affect your life at this point on.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 20, 2011, 06:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by hauntinghelper View Post
    I would seek Jesus Christ in you life,
    You have to remember Hauntinghelper, that this is a global website. And, as such, not all people believe in God, or have other religious preferences. It is best that you keep God out of the boards that do not deal with Christianity. ;)

Feb 20, 2011, 07:49 PM
    J_9, I would like to remind YOU that this is a global website and therefore my advice is valid. Your intolerance for my advice, for the sake of being tolerant of other beliefs, is just a little bit backwards.
    Softballchica02 is the only one who can decide if my advice is valid for her life or not. Thank you for your concern. ;)
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Feb 20, 2011, 07:54 PM
    J_9, I would like to remind YOU that this is a global website and therefore my advice is valid. Your intolerance for my advice, for the sake of being tolerant of other beliefs, is just a little bit backwards.
    Softballchica02 is the only one who can decide if my advice is valid for her life or not. Thank you for your concern. ;)
    J_9 is a supermod here. And if you choose to argue then it could get deleted just for that reason. The boards here do have a christian section. And you are free to express there all you like. But it seems all your answers are geared to a christian response and that isn't the best we have to offer here.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 20, 2011, 08:01 PM
    J_9, I would like to remind YOU that this is a global website and therefore my advice is valid.
    Yes, this is a global site and your advice is valid for THIS site provided you post on the appropriate board. (For instance, favorite recipes are not posted on the Relationship board even though delicious aromas may help bring healing to a couple in trouble, nor do we post a link to petfinder.com on the Adoption board, even though adopting a dog or cat from a shelter may temporarily alleviate the pain of childlessness in a couple's life.)

I suggest you start one or more threads on the Christianity board and note here that you have done so. Those interested will gravitate over there to read what you have to say and to add their own thoughts.

Feb 21, 2011, 05:34 PM
    I must disagree, those seeking help in the paranormal field, will go to a paranormal board. I'm not here to argue, but like I said... it's up to the poster of the question/need to take the advice given... not the other advice givers. My advice IS valid specifically because it pertains to her need. I'm not just randomly preaching on my soapbox... she has a spiritual issue and I'm giving MY spiritual advice. Softballchica02, I'm sorry these last couple posts have NOTHING to do with YOUR issue.
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Feb 24, 2011, 02:48 AM
    she has a spiritual issue
    Some would disagree with that

Feb 24, 2011, 07:38 AM
    Comment on Capuchin's post
    Yes, some would... and I allow them than as others can allow my opinions. We all know there are many people out there that have different beliefs. As I said above, it is up to her to allow which advice she listens to and follows. The above is my opinion.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Feb 24, 2011, 07:41 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by onegarry View Post
    ... and ask our Lord Jesus how you may use this gift for the good of others.
    How would he answer?

Feb 24, 2011, 01:01 PM
    Comment on NeedKarma's post
    Try reading the bible FIRST... that usually answers 99% of the questions.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Sometimes I don't like my sixth sense [ 5 Answers ]

Recently, My sixth sense told me of an accident the day before someone hit be in the rear. Minor damage. Recently, My sixth sense told me that a friend wouldn't be working at his current job. Sure enough, not working. My sixth sense told me that my grandfather died. That on awakened me at...

Ahhhh here's a good one for all you folks. [ 33 Answers ]

OK Have anyone of you started going out with someone And they seemed nice at first (nothing special) you Know.. but simply dating.. He or she is crazy after You.. wanting to spend more and more time with You.. buying you gifts.. showing you what a great Person they are for you.. just...

Ahhhh! Lonely [ 13 Answers ]

Omg I am so sick of being lonely all the time. Heaps of my friends have boyfriends or at least have someone who lies them, a guy friend etc and I have no one. I hear everyone's stories about what's going on with them and don't get me wrong I like hearing about it and stuff but its just sometimes it...

Too long ahhhh [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I am 21 years old in first got my period at age 16 it is usually pretty normal but right now my period is too long I've had it for 12 days it stopped for a few hours today then it kicked back on heavy I'm not on the pill and I do not want to be I don't know if this matters but I was handling...

View more questions Search