Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    thecarter Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2011, 11:26 PM
    How to know if I should break up with girlfriend. Please help
    Hey everyone, thanks for reading. I'm 23 years old . My girlfriend is 21. We've been dating for just over 4 years and our relationship has been pretty good, we tend to fight a lot, I come from a family that never yells but hers does she she's very vocal with our fights. Anyway that's not a big deal . Over the last year our sex life has been brutal . We have sex MAYBE once every 3 weeks to a month. And she doesn't enjoy given head or handjobs and doesn't like doing anything else . At first it didn't bother me but now its really fustrating. Every time we hang out I bring it up and ask to do stuff and she gets mad because I'm always asking but its because we never do stuff! I feel like we've been drifting. I still love her but I can't live like this. I want to just try and tell her we should take a break because I need space to think about everything . What should I do? THANK YOU!!
    asking Posts: 2,673, Reputation: 660
    Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2011, 11:57 PM

I'm guessing the fights are a big deal to her. What do you fight about? When she's upset, do you listen?

Also, did you use to have a good sex life? When did it start to go downhill? Have you asked her why she's not interested? And then really let her talk and try to listen?

It's hard to tell from your letter what's going on with you two.
    Ithappenstoall Posts: 363, Reputation: 37

Feb 8, 2011, 03:26 AM

If she always use to be like this than its probably her personality. But if this is recent behavior than something is clearly up, something you guys have to talk about
    answerme_tender Posts: 1,148, Reputation: 689
    Ultra Member

Feb 8, 2011, 08:23 AM

No offense here, but all you talked about was the fights, but hey that was NOT the real problem. What bothers you the most after being in a relationship with this young lady for 4years is that she doesn't give YOU enough sex, no hand jobs or anything else.

Ever stop and think the reason she doesn't is that she doesn't get off on pleasuring just YOU. That giving you head and hand job just isn't her idea of pleasure, or course before you break up with her you might want to know that most woman don't get off just pleasuring a man. They actually enjoy having a real man do some pleasuring to them!!

Whatever relationship you get into you might as well know that after 4years the HONEYMOON is all OVER--sorry to burst your bubble here. You will be right back to were you are now. Of course the next woman may not be so vocal in the fighting dept.

In most relationships, you only get what you give. NOT all, but most. If you feel there is no future do to other aspects in your relationship such as the lack of communication, friendship,loyalty,and yes even attraction then by all means you need to end the relationship.

Just simply advise her that you don't feel the same towards the relationship, that you need to move on with your life. That you wish her the very best in life. Then make sure you go total NO CONTACt so you don't prolong her heartache.

Take care
    spitvenom Posts: 1,266, Reputation: 373
    Ultra Member

Feb 8, 2011, 08:43 AM

I'm not going to talk about the sex thing cause you really have to an open and honest conversation with her about this. I have a simple question for you. When you see her or have to do something with her is it something you want to do or does it feel like a chore?
    acciosnivellus Posts: 52, Reputation: 51

Feb 8, 2011, 01:21 PM
    Well, do you return the favors? Do you let her know HER pleasure is a priority to you? Most women don't enjoy being begged and begged to give out favors without even hinting at anything in return. And also, that's the wrong way to approach it in my opinion. Are you starting with kissing, making out, etc etc? Don't ask "can we do something now??" No! I can't speak for all obviously, but some of us really hate that question. It's robotic and redundant. Be spontaneous and passionate. No questions, just start passionately kissing her and see where it goes.

Put the attention on her first, make her feel like a princess and that her pleasure is important to you. If you just jump into the whole "time to give me a blow job, ***???" thing, no wonder she's turned off by it. I'm willing to bet she'd be more "generous" if she feels as if her needs are just as important as yours. Approach it differently.

But as always, a long open honest talk needs to happen here. These fights may not be a big deal to you, but maybe they are to her. It could be contributing to her lack of interest in sex as well. Talk, talk, talk, and really listen to what she has to say.

The *** is chat talk for the word "please" to avoid any confusion. Sorry about that!
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 8, 2011, 08:27 PM

I want to just try and tell her we should take a break because I need space to think about everything . What should I do? THANK YOU!!
    Tell her we should take a break because I need space to think about everything

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Should I break up with my girlfriend [ 5 Answers ]

Here is my situation. I am a 21 year old male with a 20 year old female. We have been dating for several months now and from the outside everything appears to be fantastic. When we are together things just click easily, although I have been this way with several woman, it is great being this way...

My girlfriend wants a break [ 48 Answers ]

My girlfriend and I have been dating for close to 3 months. We've broken up 2 times already. But it seemed like we were going good after that. I feel like I'm falling for her more and more everyday. She doesn't really like doing sexual stuff that much. And the second time we broke up I promised...

Should I break up with my Girlfriend? [ 22 Answers ]

We have been together near on three years now, and for the most part we are good friends - understand each other, extremely open with each other, at least from my side. Yet something has being bugging me for a long time. - I thought it would pass and that I could get over it, in other words I...

My girlfriend wants to break up. What can I do? [ 9 Answers ]

My girlfriend wants to break up.. What can I do? I need help...

Why did my girlfriend break up with me? [ 1 Answers ]

My girlfriend is being deployed at the end of January for Iraq. She broke up with me a month ago saying "I lost feelings for you because of my training for Iraq." I know there might be other reasons but reading up on soldiers and their deployments many soldiers do break things off when they really...

View more questions Search