Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Shuppie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2011, 07:53 PM
    In Texas - Wife given guardianship niece before we married. I want guardianship too.
    My wife was given legal guardianship of her niece before we got married. I would like to become a guardian as well. We all live together and are raising the child as our own. Do I already have guardianship by marriage? How do I get legal rights over the child?

Check out some similar questions!

Taking temporary guardianship of niece and nephew [ 5 Answers ]

My brother and sister-in-law are about to lose their home/utilities/phone service and neither are employeed currently. To prevent my niece (4yo) and nephew (7yo) from entering foster care as my brother felt it was his only option, my husband and I offered to take them when this "event" occurs. We...

Temporary guardianship in Houston Texas [ 0 Answers ]

2 weeks ago my nephew came to stay with us because his mom dropped him off at my father in laws. He cannot care for him because of work and lack of money so we agreed to take him. We have not heard from her in exactly two weeks, nor has she returned our calls. ( I only have a cell number for her...

I have legal guardianship of my grandson in Ohio. Can there be joint guardianship [ 4 Answers ]

Is there anyway for my daughter and I to share guardianship of her son. I have legal guardianship right now and my daughter is doing really good but I'm not ready to give her full control just yet. I only get very limited support for my grandson because his step grandpa and I make too much money...

Guardianship of nephews and niece. [ 2 Answers ]

This is kind of a complicated long story. I have 1 niece (4) and 2 Nephews (6 & 9) that have lived with both my Brother and their Mother (never Married) since birth. They live in Oregon and I live in California. Recently my Brother was arrested for domestic abuse toward his girlfriend (the...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.