Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    landsharks022 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2011, 07:00 PM
    ETG Test 11 Days After Drinking... is there ANY Chance that I Will Fail?
    I drank roughly 18 drinks over the course of 8 hours on Friday 2/4(please spare me the lecture, I am a college student and have excellent grades, I understand that it is bad for my health but it is a part of the culture) how long will it take for the alcohol to be out of my urine?

I am scheduled for an ETG alcohol test Tuesday 2/15 (11 days after drinking). If ETG range from 80-120 hours of detection is there ANY chance whatsoever that I'll fail this test 240-264 hours after drinking?

Thanks
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2011, 07:08 PM

None!

Feb 7, 2011, 07:11 PM
    @DrBill100: Out of curiosity, would you happen to know if there are any urine tests that detect alcohol in the system longer than an ETG test?
    Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2011, 07:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by landsharks022 View Post
    @DrBill100: Out of curiosity, would you happen to know if there are any urine tests that detect alcohol in the system longer than an ETG test?
    There are a number of tests that are used in forensics that can be used to detect long-term heavy consumption. GGT and PEth come to mind. They are not used commercially. Very expensive and highly specialized. EtG is the standard. Oops. There is Ethylsulfate EtS that is often used in conjunction with EtG but the detection time is only minimally longer... in your case might add an hour or two to detection window.

Feb 9, 2011, 07:23 PM
    Comment on DrBill100's post
    Thank you for your insight, you have helped to relieve my stress quite a bit. I have read online that both the GGT and PEth tests are blood tests, is this true?

Feb 9, 2011, 07:24 PM
    Comment on DrBill100's post
    Also you say that they are both used in forensics, could you be a little bit more specific in where they are used? For instance do you know of the GGT an PEth tests ever being used in probation cases?

Also about how long are each of their respective detection periods?
    Ultra Member

Feb 9, 2011, 08:01 PM

Yes they are blood tests. Have never heard of tests other than standard urine (ethanol) and EtG being used in total abstinence programs, whether probation or treatment. Further info on these tests at: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/addict...ol-552387.html
    RNBSN Posts: 90, Reputation: 12

Feb 10, 2011, 06:11 AM
    Also, don't forget that there is a hair EtG test, but I couldn't imagine it being used prior to you ever failing a urine EtG.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Will I pass an ETG test after drinking one beer [ 7 Answers ]

I drank one beer at 8PM with dinner and thereafter started flushing my system with water after I knew I messed up. I got up and went to the gym for 2 hours. Drank liter after liter of water and green tea. I took vitamin B and C and creatine (sp) to hopefully combat the diluted urine. I pissed...

Can two glasses of wine show up in a EtG test 5 days later? [ 2 Answers ]

Can two glasses of wine show up in a EtG test 5days later?

EtG test for alochol-up to 7 days [ 2 Answers ]

hello everyone, I have a random question. I've heard alcohol can stay in your system for 7days? Im freaking out.. I drank hardcore tues/wed/thurs, and might have to take a UA on tues. I've been sweating for two days straight, and working out, drinking lots of vitamin water. Any Comments!!

I used cooking wine will I fail EtG urine test the next day? [ 1 Answers ]

I went to mongolian bbq and used cooking wine in my food The next day I took a EtG urine test the next day will I fail it.

View more questions Search