Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    frozeninco Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 7, 2011, 01:42 PM
    No hot water coming out of hot water side only cold... hot water heater is working
    Hello, I need help bad. I am a woman writing to you whose husband has given up on the problem and will no longer work on this. He doesn't care if we have hot water cause he can take a shower at work. I cannot. It is the dead of winter here in Colorado. We had frozen pipes that burst in the wall of our second bathroom. We turned off the main water, and the gas water heater. We busted a hole in the wall and my husband capped both the hot and cold water pipes that both burst at the source. When we turned on the main water and the hot water heater, we are getting water out of both the hot and cold water on the sinks but it is only cold water out of both. I went in our crawl space and checked every turn knob and they are all on...

I know my hot water heater works cause there is hot water in it when I let the water out of it. The hot water pipe coming from the hot water heater is warm so I know it is trying to get out but it is not making it to the rest of the house. All pipes in crawl space feel cold. We have copper pipes.

Please help!! Frozen in Colorado. Thank you
    palewhite Posts: 20, Reputation: -8

Jan 31, 2012, 01:02 AM
    Did you try doing the cold water side? It might work because in the kitchen, I tried hot water but it turned cold. But then I tried the other way and it worked!
    kidegapa Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 29, 2013, 09:30 AM
    Switch off the boiler and restart again and if still bring cold water drain off the water from the whole system and refill it again
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Oct 29, 2013, 10:02 AM
    Welcome to the site kidegapa

Switch off the boiler and restart again and if still bring cold water drain off the water from the whole system and refill it again
    No logic there. Post is almost two years old.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cold water coming out of hot water tap in bathroom but Really hot water in kitchen [ 7 Answers ]

Can anyone give me a reason as to why nearly completely cold water is coming out of my hot water tap in my bathroom but when I run the hot water tap in the kitchen the water is nearly boiling. The hot water and cold water taps are separate in the bathroom, where the kitchen has a handle which...

New hot water heater installed, but no hot water pressure. Plenty of cold water? [ 11 Answers ]

Hi, I own a small plumbing service and have a problem I've never encountered before. I installed a new top vented gas water heater for a customer. Turned the main back on, bled air out of the lines, etc. Problem is there is no hot water pressure throughout the house. Cold water pressure is fine....

Hot water coming from cold side tap even though hot water supply shut off [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I been having problem for past year now hot water comes from the cold side tap, I only have 1 tap that shares water hot and cold the other 2 I have are 2 separate hot cold and 2 are just cold taps now I have even shut the cold water supply to the hot water tank off, but yet when I run the...

No hot water in shower and water heater affects both cold and hot water flow [ 1 Answers ]

1. No hot water coming from shower even though there is hot water coming from face basin in same bathroom and throughout the house( moen plumbing) 2. when water heater valve to house is turned off the cold water and hot water from shower does not flow, yet in other faucets throughout the house...

No hot water - hot water heater and cold working [ 1 Answers ]

HELP! Its freezing out and we have NO hot water! Cold is working fine everywhere - but nothing comes out of the hot side anywhere. The hot water heater appears to be working? Did the hot water pipes freeze? Why the hot side and not the cold? Please help.

View more questions Search