Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jwebber45 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2007, 06:14 PM
    Installing a washer drip pan
    How do you install a washer pan? This will be on the second floor of an addition. Do I set it on the sub floor and tile around it or do I tile first and set the pan on the tile. I plan on plumbing the 1" pipe through the floor to the first level and then to an outside wall to the out side of the house at about deck level. All wall are open to studs. Second, how far from the wall should the pan be palaced? Thanks for any assistance. John
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jan 17, 2007, 07:38 AM
    A washer pan is set on the finished floor and a 3/4" PVC drain line is run to the outside. The pan centers on the washer stand pipe and a few inches off the wall line. Good luck. Tom

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Washer Overflow Pan? [ 5 Answers ]

My home inspector suggested I put in a metal washer overflow pan in the laundry room. Where do I get this? Do they range in size? How do I know which one to get?? Thanks for any help!

Plumbing an overflow washer Pan [ 1 Answers ]

How do you do the plumbing for a washer overlfow pan. Do you run the hose outside your wall or into washer drain

Installing Washer Dryer hook-up [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there- We just put in offer in on a 3 unit building with two other couples. There is a laundry hook-up in the basement in a common area but all of us would rather have an in unit set-up. Our unit is on the top floor of 3 and has a very large kitchen complete with “Austin Powers-esque” wet bar....

Installing new tile on top of shower pan [ 2 Answers ]

I am going to be installing tile over durock cement board which sits on the top edge of my shower pan and just slightly over hangs into shower pan. Should I rest the starter row of tiles down on the cultured marble shower pan which has a 1/2 in lip or should I leave maybe 1/8 gap and if so what do...

Installing new shower pan drain [ 2 Answers ]

I purchased a shower pan drain for my new shower pan. When installing it there is a rubber washer and looks to be a paper washer I set the crome male threaded end through the pan hole then went under home and threaded it onto the under side of the shower pan bottom. Rubber seal first then the...

View more questions Search