Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sharpredvette Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2011, 08:07 PM
    Intek 16hp engine surges when throttle is above 3/4 throttle
    Hello, I have a Ariens Zoom 1640 zero turn mower and it starts slow, engine turns over good, when it cranks up on choke it has to run a little while on choke and then you can return to idle and it does OK, may die a few times but it will idle after a while. As soon as you go to 3/4 throttle the engine starts to surge, if you go back to idle are just below 3/4 throttle it is OK.If you go pass 3/4 throttle to about mid choke it runs find,you can cut grass just like it should.Have replaced all fuel hoses from both tanks and all filters. I put a vac.gauge on the engine hose to the fuel pump and it reads about 3 or 4 inches of vac, but it flutters a lot.New fuel, no water in fuel bowl.I don't know how to check the fuel pump. Hope you would be willing to give me some direction. Thanks for your help and troubles
    DG Posts: 1,375, Reputation: 109
    Ultra Member

Feb 6, 2011, 08:30 PM

Sounds like you have a main jet that is partly blocked.
    Would recommend removing carburetor and cleaning ,
    Luck .
    sharpredvette Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Feb 13, 2011, 01:25 PM
    Comment on DG's post
    Thanks for the help, I resoked the carb, blow it out and it does not surge now .Thanks again. I posted an other problem about the steering under garden by mistake, thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

B&S 18.5HP Intek OHV spits and sputters when throttle moved off idle [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Craftsman yard tractor with the B&S 18.5HP Intek OHV motor in it. Last fall, as I was driving it to the storage shed for the winter, it started spitting and sputtering and almost sounded like the was a leak in the exhaust system. It sounded similar to a car when the gasket blows out in...

1995 vintage Cub Cadet 1641,16HP Briggs and Stratton Vanguard throttle assy problem, [ 3 Answers ]

I can't figure out how the throttle, governor, linkages and springs are to be re-assembled. Anyone know where to get a picture or diagram on how all this goes together.

Intek Throttle-Free governor/carburetor linkage [ 1 Answers ]

I just bought a used 22" 3N1 Yard King walk-behind lawn mower. The model sticker is missing, so I dont have a model number or year of manufacture. The engine is a B&S Intek 7.5 HP "Throttle-Free Design", model: 127602-0247-E1, code 04031-FB. Can you provide me with a diagram or a good...

Lawn mower engine with automatic throttle surges and runs slow [ 2 Answers ]

What causes a Briggs and Stratton engine with an automatic throtte control to run too slow and surge?

View more questions Search