Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    RuralMom Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2011, 01:23 PM
    Does France recognize a divorce decree from the United States?
    My husband is a French citizen and permanent US resident. Prior to our marriage, he was married in France to a United States citizen and moved to the U.S. They divorced in the United States. Is he really divorced according to French law?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 6, 2011, 06:18 PM

He is divorced, once he moved to the US he establish residence here and this is where he was to get his divorce.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Decree states I am allowed to claim my son on taxes [ 5 Answers ]

I am allowed to claim my son until no longer eligible to be claimed.. He turned 18 last year. I am paying tuition for his school would I still be allowed to claim him on my taxes and write off the college expense?

In my Utah decree of divorce it states that I have final say. I have been trying to [ 9 Answers ]

In my Utah decree of divorce it states that I have final say. I have been trying to talk with my ex about where our son will be going to school, either by my ex's house or by mine. My ex will not talk to me about this and keeps telling me that our son will go to the school over there no matter...

United States Military [ 5 Answers ]

I am looking for someone who has been in the military or knows a lot about the military, preferably the Navy. I have a question I need to ask and I only want the opinion of someone who knows about the military. Is there anyone out there?

View more questions Search