Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Michel1962 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2011, 01:14 PM
    Emergency heat ruud heat pumps?
    Hi, Just bough a new house and it has a Ruud furnace and heat pump. The house was built in 1986 or so. On the thermostat I read heat and them Heat. What should it be set to? On heat only or Em Heat?

Appreciate the advice.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Feb 6, 2011, 01:32 PM
    For most of the time, set it to "heat". In very cold weather, the heat pump has difficulty getting evough heat from the air. If this happens, switch it to EM but remember, this is a very expensive way to heat the house since it is now all electric. This is one of the shortcomings of a heat pump. PS. Please do not double post.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heat pumps in cold weather and using supplemental heat [ 2 Answers ]

Is it hard on a heat pump to use alternate heat source (kerosine heater,other) causing the heat pump to be off for long periods during the day and than allowing the unit to come on at night?

How long can the emergency heat run on a heat pump? [ 4 Answers ]

How long can the emergency heat function run on a heat pump when the need occours?

Is a heat pump with emergency heat a multi stage heat pump [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to replace the thermostat for my heat pump the one I've got seems to be running the emergency heat only. All wires were connected as they were in the old one. Is regular heat and emergency heat considered multi-stage? If so, I need another thermostat... please advise.

Emergency heat on, Aux heat off, fan working. [ 29 Answers ]

I do have heat. The fan outside is working on the heat pump. Inside unit is on. Heat Pump is set to Aux heat, with AUTO for fan. But the Aux heat is NOT what is on. The Aux light is OFF. I do NOT have it set to emergency heat, but the emergency heat light is ON. :eek: What is...

Emergency Heat vs Auxiliary Heat [ 1 Answers ]

Why is my thermostat saying the Emergency Heat is on rather than the auxiliary heat and what do I do to correct the problem?:confused:

View more questions Search