Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jessie_siva Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 2, 2003, 10:14 AM
    Grammar
    Hi,
    Do you say 'good at English' or 'good in English'? Which is which?
    Thanks.
    rosends Posts: 78, Reputation: 22

Mar 4, 2003, 10:16 AM
    Grammar
    Neither is especially good writing, but I would say "in" when talking about a specific class, and "at" when talking about overall skills.
    orangeknight Posts: 25, Reputation: 1

Aug 2, 2007, 12:26 PM
    Another way might be "good with English"
    WAMarketeer Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2011, 12:23 PM
    I would not use either phrase as they seem to be poor grammar. Use: His/her command of the English language is good (assuming you are referring to the language, not the country England or its people). He speaks good English.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Grammar problems [ 3 Answers ]

Could someone help me to solve the following problems? How long haven't you seen your parents? My teacher told me that this question has some errors. But grammatically there's nothing wrong with the question at all. Is there something wrong with the word order or something else that I fail to...

Need help with English Grammar [ 8 Answers ]

Q10. Which one of the following two sentences are correct. The operating rooms are all in good order. More than one is equipped with the latest imaging technology. The operating rooms are all in good order. More than one are equipped with the latest imaging technology.

Grammar [ 7 Answers ]

Hi!? Do you say "to the left/right of sth" or "on the right/left of". I found that both possibilities are correct. Is that right? Thank you

View more questions Search