Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    buddy2 Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2011, 11:55 AM
    1.6 gal flush toilets
    I had to replace a toilet that is 60' from the septic tank. How can I get it to flush once , not 3-4 times just to get it to sewer line much less to the tank? It is a 1.6 gal. flush. buddy2
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 6, 2011, 12:17 PM

The new toilet shoulf flush fine even a very long distance from the tank. The toilet does not know how far away the tank is located, all theflush action takes place right at the toilet. What ahppens when you flush once? How high is the water level in the tank compared to the overflow tube? You may have squashed the wax ring too much and it now is partially blocking the flange. I'd try a toilet auger if the water level is where it should be.

Feb 6, 2011, 01:23 PM
    Sorry Ballengerb! They said I had to many charts. So I'll try to make it short. Already checked all of the above. When flushed water leaves bowl and that's it until about the 3rd. Flush . I can fix it but everyone here is having same problem when they go to 1.6 gal flush. Buddy2

Feb 6, 2011, 01:41 PM

I install many 1.6 toilets as well as 1.28 and have no problems. Reread post #2 and try to answer my questions. If it is a bad wax ring an auger should reach it and tear it apart

Feb 6, 2011, 08:46 PM
    Comment on ballengerb1's post
    I have already tried all the above It is next to my clean out and after a few flushes it is laying in the pipe like sludge. Other bath down stream on line works fine until sludge reaches there! I have had 2-1.6 gal. flush with no luck! buddy2

Feb 6, 2011, 08:49 PM
    Comment on ballengerb1's post
    I finally had to change the waterlevel tube and now it works like it used to. Checked cleanout and no sluge, everything goes first flush! Thanks for help Buddy2

Feb 18, 2011, 02:56 PM
    To Ballengerb 1: Just thought I would tell you that the 1.6 gal flush tank, and the old 3-gal base that I took and put new 3-gal parts in tank is working just fine. No sludge,one flush does it all. So I guess we now know that some 1.6 gal tanks will work on 3 gal flush base. Thanks again. Buddy 2

Feb 19, 2011, 04:22 PM

So are you saying you mixed 3 gallon toilet parts with 1.6 gal. parts?

Feb 19, 2011, 06:47 PM
    To Ballengerb1; No I did not mix the parts , I just took out the parts in the new tank and put in the 3gal. Tank parts in the new tank! This gave me the water I needed for the old 3 gal base! buddy2

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

WHen it rains a lot our toilets will not flush! [ 12 Answers ]

We are having some sort of plumbing problem. When it rains for several days our toilets will not flush. We never have trouble with the showers or sinks, however while having this problem, when we take a shower the toilet does gurgle, but the shower drains fine. Could this be aproblem with the...

Why are both toilets not finishing flush? [ 2 Answers ]

I have two toilets in my house, and the toilets are both old style toilets with large water capacity. Until about a week ago both toilets were flushing properly. Now both toilets need to be flushed about three times to get rid of all solids. I am on city sewer system. The toilets are not back to...

I have two toilets in my house. Recently both toilets have stopped fininshing flush [ 1 Answers ]

I have two toilets in my house and recently both have stopped flushing completely. Flush starts fine, but at end of flush toilets power seems to stall out. This system is on city sewer service, and until past week or so both toilets were fine. Now I am forced to flush toilets up to three times to...

My toilets won't flush properly. [ 1 Answers ]

We just had the pipe between the house and septic replaced as it had broken and the sewer all backed up into our house, everything seemed to be working fine for the first 2 days and now my 2 toilets (one on the first floor and one on the second floor) are acting up. When I flush them the bowl fills...

View more questions Search