Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Spontaneouslemon Posts: 75, Reputation: 5

Feb 5, 2011, 10:21 PM
    I kissed a friend I'm not attracted to... now what?
    I went to a party last night with a friend of mine. We became friends through my best friend, so our friendship is fairly new. Anyway, after the party I dropped him off home but before he left, he asked if he could kiss me as he was leaning in. So I kissed him. Or, well he kissed me and I took it. Then we talked some more and he kissed me twice more then left.
    The problem is that I'm not in any way attracted to him. I'm not sure why I kissed him, I think I just didn't want to reject him. And maybe a little curious. Anyway, I didn't think it was that big of a deal until my friend made it sound like it was and I needed to say something about it. He asked me to hang out again next week, but I don't know if he means it as just a friend or if he's expecting us to hook up again... We've been texting each other so I'm thinking if I tell him anything it would be through text. Would it be rude for me to bring it up that way? Also what would I say? "Look, I don't want you to get the wrong idea"? I just don't want him to feel bad about it, or make it awkward for the next time we hang out...

Thoughts?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Feb 5, 2011, 10:53 PM
    I don't really feel like hanging out, even though you are a nice person and I enjoyed getting to know you, but I am attracted to a different sort of guy. You are a good kisser and good looking, just not for me. I'll be happy to remain friends.

Not in those exact words, but as long as he gets the idea that he didn't do anything wrong. (It's tough to be rejected, but the sooner the better. And if he's a friend of your best friend, it helps to be nice but clear.)
    adviceishere Posts: 1,027, Reputation: 492
    Ultra Member

Feb 6, 2011, 01:54 AM
    Comment on joypulv's post
    Couldn't have said it better myself
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Feb 6, 2011, 02:37 PM

I think it's fair to you were curious and wanted to see how the kiss would go. But now that you've satisfied your curiosity and sure that you're not attracted to him, then it's time to tell him the truth so that you don't lead him on further.

He's obviously going to think that you're attracted to him too, so better put a stop to this so that it doesn't get any deeper.
    Devorameira Posts: 2,461, Reputation: 981
    Ultra Member

Feb 7, 2011, 02:20 PM

You really got to tell him that you're not interested in a relationship, otherwise he'll keep holding out hope.

Be gentle and let him down easily. There's no need to be brutal. Just tell him that even though he's a great person to be around, that you don't feel that sort of connection with him. Just keep the text short and sweet.
    Enigma1999 Posts: 2,223, Reputation: 1077
    Welbeing Expert

Feb 7, 2011, 02:30 PM

You can always tell him that you enjoy his company, but you just don't see him in that light... that you still would like to be friends.

Hey and kudos to you for trying out a kiss to see if there is chemistry. You found that there isn't, so now be honest and tell him...

Good Luck.
    Spontaneouslemon Posts: 75, Reputation: 5

Feb 10, 2011, 09:58 PM
    You guys are right, I should talk to him. Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My husband kissed my friend [ 22 Answers ]

Hello.last week my friend came over to watch the bears game and we all had too much to drink... my friend wanted to had a threesome with me and my husband,so we all say yes to that,but deep in my heart I knew that was a bad idea,very bad,everything was fine we had a great time but... I went to the...

Kissed my best friend (female) [ 1 Answers ]

"Help, we are two 30 plus women, my friend is married & we work together, we went out a few months ago, had a few drinks and started kissing and she said she faniced me but then the next day she blamed it all on me and said she was just flattered by the attention i give her & it was just the drink,...

She kissed my friend [ 11 Answers ]

I have been in a relationship with an old high school sweetheart for the past 6 months. It has been a wonderful time in my life. I have fallen in love with this girl. Saturday night we went to a bar to meet a friend of mine for a couple of drinks before going to a movie. As soon as he came in she...

I kissed my best friend,who is a girl,as am I,and we're not gay [ 7 Answers ]

Hello, I'm 15 and I spent the night at my best friends house last night.she is my all time best friend because she's always there to help me and listen to me.well as it got later I had a really bad anxiety attack and started crying,so she hugged me,then when I was okay again,we laid down to got to...

Best friend and I kissed, now very confused and concerned [ 4 Answers ]

I took my best friend out to the movies the other day because she's been having a rough time latly.Its always been a very close and often flirty friendship.so anyway halfway though the movie she starts to get very cosy laying against me and then gives me a peck on the cheek,with that I turn around...

View more questions Search