Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    madeline6820 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 16, 2007, 02:41 PM
    Connecting cable to multimedia computer
    I have an HP multimedia center computer and I would like to hook up my TV cable wire to it. Do I just split the cable connection with a connector and hook it directly to the back of the computer or do I need a cable box. I would like to watch and record with my computer.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jan 16, 2007, 02:53 PM
    Do you have a cable tuner card in this machine ?
    If not you will not be able to hook the cable directly to your computer.
    You may be able to run an areal line from the cable box to your computer, but you will need a TV capture card to be able to watch/record information from your cable TV.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Connecting DVD recorder to Satellite AND cable box [ 1 Answers ]

I have a new panasonic DVD recorder that I am trying to connect to both my Satellite box (for international channels) and my Charter Cable DVR. I have been trying to do this for over a week now and cannot get it to work properly with the Charter Cable DVR. I get the lower channels but not the HD...

I think I deleted multimedia audio controller from my computer [ 9 Answers ]

I think I accidentally deleted multimedia audio controller from my computer and now I'm not able to listen to music using my computer and whatever I do with my computer there's no sound or music. When I go to control pannel and try to install this program back into my computer it says that the...

Connecting a computer to a TV [ 2 Answers ]

Is there any way I can put images from my computer to a TV screen in another room. Thanks for your time

I think I deleted multimedia audio controller from my computer [ 1 Answers ]

I think I deleted multimedia audio controller from my computer My computer is satellite pro toshiba Model psm4ye-00l00xar I have no cd to run this controller again Can any body help me

Using single utp cable for connecting two PC [ 3 Answers ]

I want to use single utp cable for conneting two PC;s through hub, I mean , want to use only two pairs in the utp cables, by using only 1, 2, 3 and 6, cables for each.

View more questions Search