Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Rtm151 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2011, 08:00 PM
    Furnace only remains on a few minutes
    The furnace will turn on and run for approximately 5-10 minutes. Upon igniting, the blower will soon kick on. After the said 5-10 minutes, the blower will kick off and the damper door will remain on with no flame and will not reset by itself. I manually have to turn it on and off. I would greatly appreciate any insight as to what the issue may be, as I have come to a few conclusions myself but I do not have experience working on furnaces.
    Thanks for any help.
    T-Top Posts: 1,871, Reputation: 100
    Ultra Member

Feb 5, 2011, 08:51 PM
    It sound like a limit is opening. The trick is witch one. Your furnace should give a fault code when it malfucntions. Count the blinking light on the control board of the furnace. The code should be on the front or back of the blower door.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Gas furnace coming on too often (every 4 minutes) [ 2 Answers ]

Hi. My gas furnace is going on every 4-5 minutes. The furnace was inspected recently and the tech siad that it was functioning OK. The temperature outside is approx -7 celsius and the wind chill makes it approx - 16 celsius. What could be the problem?

Furnace is turn off after 5 minutes? [ 0 Answers ]

My Goodman furnace runs for about 5 minutes and the blower stop blowing, and will not come back on unless I turn the termo. Back off to 0 then back to any tempiture and it will turn back on for another 5 minutes maybe 10 at the most. GME8 Gas Furnace

Ait Filter Remains Clean On Lennox Furnace for 2 months... [ 2 Answers ]

Furnace filter was replaced over 2 months ago, and has been in place for the full time and furnace has been quite busy during these 2 cold months. When it kicks into gear : I hear a whir and what is probbaly the blower starting. Then maybe 30 seconds later the burners kick on and furnace tends...

Furnace turns itself off every 2 minutes [ 0 Answers ]

HI, I have a furnace that won't stay in. The blower keeps blowing, but the heat cuts out because the flames get shut off every two minutes or so. Over the summer, we remodeled and streamlined the duct work. We eliminated lots of big runs that absorbed all the heat. Now, though, I think we...

Furnace stays on for 2 minutes [ 2 Answers ]

I have a digital thermostat and my furnace seems to stay on for only 2 minutes at a time. It does this approximately every 10 min. The programmed cycle rate is 5/hr, so starting up every 10 min makes sense. If the programmed temp is 72 F and the room temp is around 72 F, it will start up as...

View more questions Search