Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    whatdoidonow Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 5, 2011, 07:10 PM
    Relationship Ended
    I was dating a man six months. Early on in the relationship he emailed me at work & say he couldn't wait to see me, the following day he emailed me & said he was going back to his ex-girlfriend. When that didn't work out, he again emailed me & asked would I give him a second change.
    I gave him a second change, but it created a lot of insecurities within me. I have strong feelings for him, but he never expresses any for me. He is very self centered, and wants his needs met, while he is not meeting any of mine. I do must of the running back & forth in the relationship, he seldom comes my way.
    I talked to him about how I was feeling used, but still nothing changed. I've pulled away & now he haven't talked in over a week (he have always talked daily). I guess the relationship is over & I'm wondering if it is in my best interest to just let it go and find someone who is able to make me feel loved instead of used.
    This still hurts a lot. I'd appreciate any advice. Thanks.
    friend4u178 Posts: 3,349, Reputation: 1584
    Ultra Member

Feb 5, 2011, 07:17 PM

I think you move on and thank your lucky stars your finally rid of him , sounds to me like he only used you to fill the void of losing his previous girlfriend.

Don't let someone use you as an alternative.
    ken007nielsen Posts: 288, Reputation: 211

Feb 5, 2011, 07:40 PM
    Friend4u178 is spot on, count yourself lucky that you got rid of him. I can imagine it's given you a lot of grief with him only being concerned about himself, and yes he was indeed using you..
    cathlarson72 Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Feb 5, 2011, 07:48 PM
    I am so sorry he did this to you. I think he's undecisive and that is not good in a relationship, because it lets you hanging there. I hate that too. Like you said, he's self-centered... so he might not change his aspect of his personality. Maybe you can just wait a bit more to see... but don't build a lot of expectations around him (I have been in this situation myself and it sucks). Get on with your life... you deserve to have someone who will treasure and be honest with you, and love you the way you deserve to be loved. :-)
    ken007nielsen Posts: 288, Reputation: 211

Feb 5, 2011, 07:51 PM
    Comment on cathlarson72's post
    I seriously disagree with the maybe you can just wait and see.. Someone that sends somebody and email, and is acting like a arse.. should not be dating any loving person.
    grammadidi Posts: 1,182, Reputation: 468
    Ultra Member

Feb 5, 2011, 08:10 PM

You say you have strong feelings for this person yet you describe him as someone who does not make you feel secure or loved; is very self-centred; doesn't express any feelings for you; does not meet your needs; gives you the feeling of being used. I really think you need to examine why you feel you even care? Do you think that little of yourself that you can care for someone who treats you so poorly?

YES!! Let it go!! Then do some deep soul searching to figure out why you feel you don't deserve a decent man in your life. Take your time before you enter into another relationship. Figure out what you need to feel loved, secure, cared for and important. Then don't settle for anything less!

Do yourself a favour and DO NOT respond to any form of contact from this fellow again. It serves no real purpose.

Hugs, Didi
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Feb 5, 2011, 10:35 PM

The only mistake you made was taking him back after it didn't work with the other girl, who was his ex. You can't have a relationship with a jack rabbit, and that's what he is.
    vanheart Posts: 2,806, Reputation: 708
    Ultra Member

Feb 5, 2011, 11:18 PM
    Stop emailing.

Rid yourself of this.

Hes a user.

"He is very self centered, and wants his needs met, while he is not meeting any of mine."

So why do whnt that?

That's all you need to know. Don't even try. He isn't your guy.
    You may think he's cool, but he's not.

Only wusses do that.

Show him who's cool. Never speak to him again.

Justice1872 Posts: 12, Reputation: 1

Feb 6, 2011, 06:12 AM
    Comment on talaniman's post

LOL

You respond nicely, by having not contact with him. Let him figure out his own issues and problems. Individuals that exhibit such behaviour does not deserve someone the treasures honesty, kindness and compassion for other humans. His behaviour is directly linked to his selfishness and inability to be concerned for another's feelings. You are important, and you matter... Act like it... We are only as great as we treat others. And if his greatness, is directly correlated to the way he treated you, then in the law we would say "res ipsa loquitor". (The thing speaks for itself) be blessed

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

So my first relationship has ended [ 25 Answers ]

Firstly I think the background story should be known. We are both 18 now and we started dating 2 1/2 years ago and it was great. It felt like I met my soulmate, I got along well with her family, I could stop by and they would be really friendly to me. We talked about everything, the deep stuff...

How Depression Ended My Relationship... [ 4 Answers ]

Hey I'm a boy 19 years old, and had a fantastic relationship with my girlfriend who is same year as me, we went together to vacation, laughed a lot, much love and much romance. I really gambled everything I had in her, putted all trust in her. She was diagnosed with a "soft Depression" 2 weeks ago...

My relationship has ended [ 3 Answers ]

I've been with my boyfriend since February. Things were going great. He came to my mums wedding, held my hand when I was in hospital recently and we moved in together 5 weeks ago. He's an only child and has lived away from home before now but is essentailly a mummys boy who does like to have his...

My relationship ended because of the way that I am [ 19 Answers ]

:( I was dating this wonderful guy for nine months and went through hell and back for this man. Well, because of previous relationships that I had, I was very insecure and jealous and in the end it caused for me and the love of my life to break up. How do I overcome this? Does it come all at once...

Relationship ended [ 2 Answers ]

Dear all, I am new to this site so hello everyone. I am going through a very bad time. I am 48 and last year I sold my house to live with my partner of 2 years with the intention of buying somewhere together. Very sadly it did not work as I had so hoped for. I am living with my mother (which...

View more questions Search