Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Feb 5, 2011, 04:03 PM
    Today's Tournament
    But we did a tournament today, In my age and belt division I got 2nd place in sparring and 1st place in weapons.

Toni ( my wife) got 1st place in Forms and 1st place in weapons ( in her belt and age division

Nate, ( my son) got 1st place in Open Forms and 2nd place in Sparring for his age and belt division.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Feb 5, 2011, 04:12 PM

Congratulations! Guess I'll be careful what I say to you and how I say it from here on!
    Expert

Feb 5, 2011, 05:55 PM

But I hurt, I am so sore, one of the fights I missed a block and took a full force kick to the check, not to mention a few too many blocks with my leg that has my thighs hurting.

I think I will go back to being the Ref in the one next month
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Feb 5, 2011, 06:02 PM

Fabulous!!
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Feb 5, 2011, 06:04 PM

Congrats! I miss them days. It's something I wish I never stopped doing.

1 belt away from Black and I walked away, too worried what my friends my think of me... pathetic!
    Expert

Feb 5, 2011, 06:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ITstudent2006 View Post
    Congrats! I miss them days. It's somethign I wish I never stopped doing.

1 belt away from Black and I walked away, too worried what my friends my think of me..... pathetic!

Never to old to go back, I was teaching kids at the a local center and just recently opened my own studio. But I had not competed in 15 almost 20 years. I worked hard the last few months to get ready for this tournament.

Of course I was in the 50 plus age group and the heavy weight division.

So if at well over 50, I could go back anyone can. And like today, not sure your age ( sorry if you posted it somewhere and I don't remember) but there were over 50 brown belts, and 40 year old green belts.
    ITstudent2006 Posts: 2,243, Reputation: 329
    Networking Expert

Feb 5, 2011, 06:28 PM

I am 23. I am more focused on Marine Corps. Martial Arts as that is what the Marine Corps uses for close combat... so going back for my black belt in Karate would be hard with the time constraint.
    Expert

Feb 5, 2011, 06:29 PM

If you want to see some of the tournament photos they are on the PHOTO page on my web site. On the top header go to "more" and then down to photos.
    And yes that is me on the first page with my new weapon, the CANE. And that is Toni with the Fan.

Green Room Martial Arts - Home

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why does unreal tournament 3 not work on my PC [ 3 Answers ]

I have all the needed performens. It shows me the first 2 clips then it turns of.

Where can you still find unreal tournament [ 3 Answers ]

Does somebody know a shop in Belgium that sells Unreal Tournament 1999 (Game of the year edition) or Unreal Anathology or could sell it to me .

Religion in today's society [ 3 Answers ]

How are newer religions different from older ones, how are the similar?

What do think religion means in today's society? [ 8 Answers ]

As a christian I have noticed that as time passes by, the meaning and values of religions is diminishing. The respect towards it mean nothing and the boudaries that protect the rights of religion do not mean anything. Shows are constantly making fun of god. Society disrespects god, and the thing...

View more questions Search