Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 5, 2011, 12:56 PM
    Grand kids UGMA accounts
    I bought each of my grand children stock. The stocks are still down but each shows about $150 in dividends. I assume because they have no other income I do not need to apy taxes or even file. Am I correct in this assumptiomn?
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Feb 5, 2011, 10:57 PM
    That is a correct assumption.

With only $150 in dividends, no tax return is required.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Feb 6, 2011, 10:41 AM

Thanks
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Feb 6, 2011, 12:09 PM
    Glad to help!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What is the martial arts movie of three kids and their grand parents? [ 2 Answers ]

These parts I remember three kids and grandparents. 1. the class room. Where they were taking test and the kids try to cheat using an eye patch. The other kid uses notes and throws them like throwing knives. The kid throws one and it lands on the teachers hair but she doesn't know it's there. ...

UGMA shares and tax filing [ 1 Answers ]

I opened an ugma account years back for my daughter and she's been selling shares from this mutual fund to help with college expenses this year. How will these have to be claimed on her taxes this year? Thanks for any info. Randy

Grand theft auto for kids? [ 54 Answers ]

Should an 10 year old be allowed to play this game? Should a three year old play and watch? It glamorizes stealing cars shooting police officers, violence and hookers... strip clubs...

About UGMA account [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I set up a UGMA (Uniform Gift Minor act) account for my son (who is 12 now) 5 years ago. I wanted to take some money out from this account for him to use. Is there any rule when to take out money from UGMA account? If my son attended a summer school with $1000 fee last summer, can I...

View more questions Search